100Th day of school silly question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by nasirahc83, Dec 29, 2010.

1. nasirahc83

nasirahc83 Companion

Dec 29, 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am just curious around when is the 100th day of school if you started after Labor day. Also are breaks such as winter break included in the counting.

What are some activities you do for the 100th day? Yes, I am first year...:help:

3. nasirahc83

nasirahc83 Companion

Dec 29, 2010

lol. I actually figured it out and its on the school calendar...lol. I just have to laugh at myself. For my school it is February 18, 2011. Well please still share your activities.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2010

We celebrate it in math by solving a bunch of random word problems with the number 100. It's rather silly and the students love it.

When I was in elementary grades, we worked on making things with 100 objects...

5. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2010

It's the actual 100th day that students have attended school. Holidays, inservice days, vacation, and any other breaks do not count.

6. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Dec 29, 2010

here is what I use: I got these ideas from wonderful teachers on the web. I'd love to give credit to each one, but its a compilation of ideas from various sources (some do tell where I got the idea and some do not).

go to jmeacham.com is great for 100 day printables
    also go to http://sc.jeffco.k12.co.us/educatio...t.php?sectiondetailid=165956&sc_id=1182632481
    good ideas and notes and printables

1. make a 100th day crown with 10 strips going around - each strip has 10 "jewels" each strip a different kind of jewel.

2. 100th day Trail mix:100′s day trail mix ( I made 11×17 sheets of construction paper with 10, 10 grids on them and as the children pick from the 10 different foods available to them, they put them on one of the grids) Their whole sheet has to be full before they can get the OK to dump it into a bag.
    10 foods:
    cheerios
    fruit loops
    M&M’s
    chocolate chips
    butterscotch chips
    round pretzels
    folded pretzels
    raisins
    goldfish
    chex
    m&m's skittles, goldfish, pretzels, cheerios, marshmallows, twizzlers, ritz bits, mints

3. RAZ books - I count 100 things - level D
    100th Day Project - level I

4.One of our centers was stamping 100 stamps--ten stamps in each section of this paper. section off page, use stamp markers in a math tub to stamp 10 in each of 10 sections. look at littlegiraffes under 100th day.
    5. for homework project - give the kids a hundred chart 11 by 17 to glue items to. or use 100 of same item to make a pic or make their names

6. 100 Hershey kisses with numbers on the bottom were hidden around the room. We had to find them and match them to the numbers on our hundred chart.

7. http://www.thevirtualvine.com/images/100th day/crown pattern.pdf - good crown to copy on cardstock
    8. When I Am 100 Years Old I Will Be ... : Karla Neumann shared that each child draws a picture of what they will look like when they are 100 years old. They need to use crayon and kind of press hard when doing the drawing. Then, they crumple the paper and open it. Repeat procedure several times. They love that part. For their writing assignment, they complete the sentence starter, When I am 100 years old, I will be... The writing is then glued to the bottom of their picture. She hangs these on the wall outside her classroom. She says people just love to read their responses. Some of the responses were ... a girl wrote that she will be in heaven, a boy wrote that he will be in a wheelchair and another boy wrote that he will be old.

9.I hide 100 paper pigs in the classroom. They are numbered 1 - 100. Then I read Pigs in Hiding. The students are then allowed to look for the pigs. Usually I limit them to 3 each. We all come back to the rug and I call numbers one by one. If a student has that pig they bring it forward and I glue it on a big piece of paper in a 10x10 grid. If noone has found a number I leave room for it so we can add it when it turns up.

For the rest of the day whenever someone finds a pig we make a big deal of adding it to the chart. What's great is we don't find all of them that day so the fun goes on for days and even weeks sometimes.

I always hide pig 100 on top of one of the ceiling fan blades. We find it on warm day in spring when he goes flying through the air!

10. To show students how big 100 actually is, we're going to make 100 dalmations. Print off a plain dog and let them dip their finger in black paint to make the spots. Put them up in groups of 10.

I also read the story The Wolf's Chicken Stew . The wolf tries to fatten up the chicken by cooking 100 donuts, pancakes, etc. That day, I cook 100 pancakes and the kids get to eat them.

Another teacher has the students estimate where they end up if they take 100 steps from their classroom and then they actually do it and see how the predictions were. She lays down 100 paper feet cutouts.

I number 100 circle stickers in green, red, blue, and yellow and place them around the room. Each child gets a 100 grid and a crayon for each of the colors. They have 20 minutes to find as many stickers as possible and color the space on the grid the correct color of the sticker. This year I'm assigning teams to see if they will come up with a "plan" to work together to achieve the goal faster.

begin now having children decorate a number 1- 100 with different items (sequins, marshmallows,

Fleuncy poem for 100th day - Hi Ho, Hi Ho
    One hundred days ago
    We came to school
    And we're so cool
    Hi Ho, Hi Ho

or "100 Days"
    (tune: Jingle Bells)

100 days, 100 days,
    100 days of school.
    We've been in school 100 days.
    We think that's really cool!

100 days, 100 days,
    100 days of school.
    We work and play every day.
    We love to be in school!

We get parents to help us blow up 100 balloons. We go to the gym or playground and let our kindergartners play with 100 balloons. We tell them when we are finished we will pop them all, but we must clean up afterwards.

Take Hershey kisses and number them t 100 in a pattern (silver, red) put in basket and have kids pick them up and put them on the corresponding #. Kids will notice a pattern. Then share the kisses.

use 100 sticky dots -to create a picture.
    * 100 day necklace - good easy way to do this - tape a curling ribbon (from xmas) to table. use 100 chart, kids place a fruit loop on each number - each row a different color. Then after 100 chart is full, they take off one piece at a time to place on ribbon to make necklace.

7. nasirahc83

nasirahc83 Companion

Dec 29, 2010

Great idea...especially the trail mix. I might have to give my kids two periods to celebrae instead of one.

8. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Dec 30, 2010

Last year we divided the kids into 5 groups and gave them 20 skittles per group. They had to make individual graphs (pie, bar, picto) for the colors in their group. Then we combined our info to make a 100 day Skittles graph.

We started the day off with some 100s exercise-20 jumping jacks, 20 arm reachs, 20 toe touches, 20 seconds of running in place, 20 arm rolls.

100 adjectives to describe yourself.

I had a few more language arts ones but I can't remember them right now.....