10014 Elementary Education Test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by kavita76, Apr 30, 2007.

1. kavita76

kavita76 New Member

Apr 30, 2007

Hello,

I would like to get more information on Elementary K-5 10014 Elementary Education: Content Knowledge examination from ETS. This is NJ required test.

Where can I find the study material? I already ordered ETS material?

Thanks,

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 30, 2007

Rummage around this Multiple Subject Tests subforum; you'll find some discussion of 0014 itself and a good deal of discussion of topics that can surface on multiple subject teacher tests.

4. precious angel

precious angel Companion

May 1, 2007

I found so much material for that test. I've bought manuals, books,etc. but there's one sight you will love.
    Go to www.praxis2studynotes.com and it has some helpful information (material that was actually on the test-I'm a living testimony). I took my test this past Saturday and I must say the S.S. section was on point. Here's the price list: S.S.-$30, Math-$20, Lang.Arts-$20, and Science-$20. For all 4 sections is 75.00. I do not know if many people have heard of this site but I would recommend it. Also, I did purchase a practice book by REA and there are 2 practice test in it as well. Take care and good luck.

5. precious angel

precious angel Companion

May 1, 2007

Oh, you get the manual through email as an attachment so you don't have to wait for days to get it.

6. kavita76

kavita76 New Member

May 2, 2007

Thanks for helpfull information. I will order it .....

7. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

May 31, 2007

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I have the same question as many....how do you study for the praxis ii 0014 exam. I purchased a book that contained both exams 0011 and 0014, then the series of Everything a Sixth Grader should know. I am taking the exam on June 9th, so if you have any valuable info, please let me know. Thanks!

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 31, 2007

Did you download the Tests at a Glance document from the Praxis Web site? Anything that's mentioned on it, or any issue that can be derived from it, is fair game to show up on the test. For each point that's on TAAG, make sure you can name a couple of examples and applications.

9. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 2, 2007

Study Groups???

Hi I am new to this site and would like some information on two different test the K6 and the Pre K-3. Are there any study groups or can you tell me the level of difficulty between the two.

10. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 3, 2007

Thanks a lot TeacherGroupie. I printed out the copy and it gave me a clear understanding to what is on the exam. The only worry is the math and social studies. There is a lot of material to study in a short time. Hopefully I can get at least 137 (minimal requirement for Alabama). If you have any other advice, please share. Thanks again!!

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 3, 2007

If you got through PPST/Praxis I in what passes for one piece, you're probably not in that bad shape on the math. You might try rummaging through the old Multiple Subject Tests threads for math for CSET. Likewise for social studies.

12. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 3, 2007

Ok. Thanks. I never was required tu take the PPST/Praxis I, but I will go through the old threads and visit the Praxis website. Thanks!

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 3, 2007

Wait: Alabama doesn't have a basic skills test??

14. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 5, 2007

No, we are not required to take the basic skills test. Elementary teachers are required to take Praxis 10014 in order to be Highly Qualified and we need a minimum score of 137. So I have been pressing my brain to study along with being sick. So hopefully Saturday I will be ready to take this test.

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 5, 2007

How far did you get in math in school, then?

16. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 5, 2007

Well in college we were required to take Algebra 113 and Math for Teachers 1, 2, and 3. When I was in high school (graduated in '99), I was on the academic track....Algebra, Geometry, Advanced MAth, and Pre-Calculus. I am the type that have to work harder in math than any other courses. I have a 4th grade math book at home that I am studying and the "What your Sixth Grader Should Know" book. My best friend had to take the test also and she said to focus on ratio/proportion, fractions, and basic algebra. I also do problems on BrainPop.com too. The S.S. and Science are fun to do on BrainPop because I actual learned a lot and I reviewed some of the content stuff from the other tests that was on the praxis website. So I am praying and studying it all. Thanks for responding.

17. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 6, 2007

If you got through pre-calc in what passes for one piece, you probably know or used to know more than enough math. It's possible that you'll be expected in the test to apply your knowledge in ways you haven't done before, but that's a different issue.

18. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 6, 2007

Oh, ok. We really didn't do nothing in Pre-Cal class. Well I want to know what type of concepts in the math section that we have to apply. If you could remember from when you took it, it would be highly appreciated and helpful....thanks!

19. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 6, 2007

Well, elementary teacher tests do bear family resemblances to one another, and none of the ones I know requires that much math.

20. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 13, 2007

Well I have taken the test and I am literally nervous and scared. I knew my stuff on the Language and Science, but that math was tricky and the ss was a disaster. The material was nothing that I studied. I think that I am going to register for the next test given in August. Good luck to those who took it on June 9.

21. boricua

boricua Rookie

Jun 16, 2007

I've heard from other teachers that the K- 6 test is vey difficult. I will be taking the pk-3 next month but I can't find any study guide for it.

22. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 16, 2007

It's worth pointing out that the gold standard for what could be on any given teacher test is NOT the sample questions: it's the list of domains and topics provided by the testing agency (in most cases, that listing is a section of the test guide document). The sample questions are there primarily to indicate forms that the actual test questions could take.

23. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 16, 2007

boricu-
    I have been trying to get a response to my level of difficulty between the K-6 and Prek-3 tests for awhile and no luck, so maybe when you take the test you can let me know how it went, but I just may be sitting next to you I should make that decision soon though

24. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jun 20, 2007

25. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jun 20, 2007

Teach123, look at the requirements from your state department and see which test is required. You can go to the ETS website or go your state's education department website to see what test you are required to take. Good luck!

26. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jun 20, 2007

Thanks, I wil do that.

27. boricua

boricua Rookie

Jun 20, 2007

HA! HA! The teachers at my school say that the K- 6 is very hard.
    I 'm still trying to get a study guide for pk-3 the only one that has something is from Teachingsolutions on line but is a nonsecure site and I have not seen anything that says that the materiasl will really help you. I will keep you posted if I find any help. Where are u taking your test ?

28. anncheval

anncheval New Member

Jul 13, 2007

was that really worth the money you spent. I was thinking about buying it but was not sure.

29. liveitlikeit07

liveitlikeit07 Rookie

Jul 14, 2007

I can say the series "Everything A ______ Should Know" was a good resource Grades 4-6. Also, go through these old threads too. In the Language Arts part, make sure you know about how you would teach reading, e.g., helping students use decoding, teaching phonics, etc. Hope it was helpful.

30. boricua

boricua Rookie

Jul 14, 2007

Thanks !!! My test is next Saturday and I see myself working at Wal-Mart if I don't pass it. I have a mental block , nothing sticks to my brain. My test is PK- 3 but I got the K-6 study guide I hope it will help.

31. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 14, 2007

boricua, try imagining that you have to help someone else get through the test...