10 Things About Me

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 3, 2009.

1. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Oct 4, 2009

Mamacita,

You remind me of Judith Sheindlin, whom I LOVE!!!!!:)

2. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Oct 4, 2009

Thanks!:p

3. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Oct 4, 2009

[QUOTE

[F]That's fabulous! HOW did you do it?! Please post here or PM me! :)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am on the HCG diet. It is extremely complicated, expensive, a little controversial, but has been very effective. I'm under a doctors supervision and I absolutely love it. :thumb:I start another round Wednesday, and I hope to lose another 40 pounds. Here is a link:
    http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/

You can PM me if you want more information.

4. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Oct 4, 2009

Thank you, TiffanyL.

Kat53: Congratulations! Your way seems very complicated to me, but if it works for you, then that's great! You go, girl.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

1. I wasted four gelcaps last night trying to swallow a darn pill. I couldn't. I tried again this morning, and by the time two more started to break down in my mouth, I quit trying. It frustrates me terribly that I cannot swallow a pill. My tongue goes up and blocks my throat to where I can't even swallow the water. It is pathetic.

2. Three years ago I could tell you my religion and that I was going to Heaven, but now I can't even tell you where I stand spiritually. And it's beginning to take it's emotional toll on me. Life was easier when I just accepted what I was taught, but I just can't do that anymore.

3. I love music. Love it, love it! And what am I listening to right now? The same song that was playing forty-five minutes ago, Blake Shelton's Don't Make Me. My husband can't stand that I press repeat on a song I love and listen to eat for a couple of hours at a time. And I understand that must be maddening to most people. I also love a variety of music styles and don't understand how people write off entire genres.

4. I can't stand that my mother and step-father HATE homosexuals with a passion. Their attitude is just one more stressor on our relationship that it doesn't need. Believe it or not, the biggest fight I ever had with them was over homosexuality because I was told quite clearly at age fourteen or so: "If you live in my house, you have no right to an opinion." Ugh. Great parenting.

5. I'm really beginning to appreciate my father. Mother made him out to be the rotten one, but I'm learning otherwise. I won't go into the unfortunate details, but let's just say I don't understand how she thinks homosexuals and their "sexual sins" are worse than her and her sexual sins. I spent last week trying to think of at least three special memories of my mother, and I could not. My father on the other hand, even though he has told me as an adult that if he had life to do over he would not have children, provided many special memories. I do love my mom, but...I think it's just because I would feel like the scum of the earth if I didn't.

[5.5 - I'm brutally honest.]

6. Our family's dairy farm is the most meaningful place in the world to me. And I love my brother for sacrificing an easier life to continue the business which could fold at any time just like most other small dairies in the state.

7. I hate when people ask for clarification as to which siblings are "half". I have two brothers and four sisters. Period!

8. I love to doodle. Not scribble, but truly doodle.

9. I think too much. I over-analyze.

10. I miss the time in my childhood when I was too young to realize life sometimes sucks, including your childhood. :) I miss being young, but I do my best to not feel pressured to not do things I enjoy. I won't even tell you what my latest toy purchase was. (ETA: Okay, reading that last line over it sounds a little...questionable. The toy was an outside toy that most eight years would love, just to clarify!) :)

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 4, 2009

1. I'm an only child (so is my husband)
    2. I am a dog parent to 2 dogs (black lab and black terrier)
    3. I LOVE my job
    4. I'm a tech guru
    5. I drive a brand new 2009 4x4 Ford F150
    6. I have my own fishing boat (husband has a big boat, too)
    7. I enjoy reading
    8. I do yoga or cardio at 4:45 every weekday morning
    9. I hate laundry
    10. I don't like negative people or intolerant people

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 4, 2009

1. I'm normally a happy, almost hyper person on first glance. It hides that I'm very shy and awkward.

2. I was the child of two teachers who thought they had seen everything via their students so I couldn't pull anything over on them. They missed my severe depression until they had to rush me to the ER when I was 15. I had swallowed a month's supply of my mother's phenobarbital.

3. I am regularly grateful that I survived that OD and regularly run through a list of all the wonderful things I have had come through my life since then.

4. My parents retired as two of the most beloved teachers in the school district. They also helped countless students dealing with depression and unstable home lives, sometimes bringing me in to help them consult and mentor. I have a lot of honorary brothers and sisters thanks to this.

5. My greatest dream is to work my way across Europe. I've never been to that continent and have a list of what I want to see and do (i.e. visit the Bayeux Tapestry, spend a night in Xaviera Hollander's bed and breakfast).

6. I will never get over losing my best friend Mur. We probably would have gotten married if he hadn't loved heroin more than he loved me. He probably knew it would eventually kill him but he wasn't able to walk away. It's been 12 years this fall since I last saw him.

7. My husband understands this and is a wonderful man. I just wish he'd feel my sense of urgency that he find a new job before we run out of mortgage money. It makes living with him difficult sometimes.

8. The way I teach now is, in turns, incredibly isolating and gratifying. I have the freedom to work with and get to know any of my students who take the time to talk with me. On the other hand, I cannot put a face to their voices and will not be able to until the Prom at the earliest. I still love those who let me love them.

9. I miss writing. I had one play produced in February but have done little work since then. There are some ideas rolling around in my head but they aren't hitting written form yet. It seems like I can only finish a piece if I'm writing about Mur, and even he has to be sick of it wherever he is.

10. I'm glad this forum is fairly anonymous. I've said more than I thought I would and I'm afraid some might judge me unfavorably for it.

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2009

If someone judges you, catnfiddle, send 'em over to me. It takes guts to put those things out there.

1. I have a younger brother, who is a genius. This made my life extremely difficult as a child. I think my refrain in life was "No, I cannot be more like my brother, seeing as his IQ is 160 and mine is NOT."
    2. I went to the University of Florida and am a HUGE, DIE-HARD Gator fan! Go Gators!
    3. I also love me some college football and will happily spend all day Saturday on the couch, watching games. In the PJs I never bothered to get out of in the morning.
    4. I lost my mother 5 years ago to lung cancer... which she was diagnosed with right after she became a breast cancer survivor. She didn't smoke. Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer, so I'm really not all that attached to the girls. They're gonna go someday.
    5. I get pedicures quite often, but not because I'm vain: Feet freak me out. Even my own. I'm more than happy to pay someone else to take care of them for me.
    6. I started going gray when I was 15. I no longer know what my natural hair color *really* is.
    7. My mom made me take modeling lessons when I was a teenager so I could learn to walk without a limp. I
    still have a very slight one, but it makes wearing heels almost impossible. The rhythm of the click as I walk alerts people to my limp and causes them to ask me why I'm limping.
    8. I love to sing, and I do it all the time. In class, in the car, around the house, to the cat, etc. The only problem is I kind of suck at it. I'd love to take lessons.
    9. Anytime someone admires my engagement ring and asks me if it's a) antique or b) a full carat, I tell them it's a cubic zirconia. It was my mother's and I'm terrified someone will try to rip it off my finger.
    10. I think of myself as a writer, but the day-to-day gets in my way and I never seem to have the time to do the one thing that brings me true joy.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 4, 2009

Thanks Kat53!

10. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Oct 4, 2009

Ok I love this thread! I really like seeing some of the deeper things that people have posted about themselves. I think it is easier to open up on an anonymous forum than in any other setting. Also, I see some things that ring true for me listed above that I never would have articulated on my own.

11. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Oct 4, 2009

1. I was an only child for 10 years - I still stand by my idea that my little brother was an accident! However being an only child for 10 years created an indescribable bond between me and my mother.
    2. I have come to realize that I have real relationship issues, and that I am happier by myself, or in a quasi-relationship.
    3. I absolutely LOVE being a teacher, and feel that I have found my purpose in life.
    4. I tend to live in the past, have a hard time letting things go and definitely over analyze.
    5. I would have never picked to live where I do now, if I could move anywhere in the US it would be the Pacific NW or New England.
    6. I am turning 30 on my next birthday! I am terrified!
    7. I vacillate between wanting a child and not.
    8. I am terrified of not making the right decisions on life.
    9. I am a total book-aholic! Have to be reading a book everyday. Libraries and bookstores are my favorite places.
    10. I love to travel but and deathly afraid of flying.

12. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

1) I've been married for almost 24 years. (I got married on New Year's Day) We have three children. My oldest, a daughter 23 finishing her last year of college, and will soon be a teacher. We have two sons who are 19 and 14. Both of my boys are on the autism spectrum and have mild cognitive disabilities. All of my children are the greatest blessings I could have ever asked for.

2) I'm the youngest of seven. I have four brothers and two sisters. I was always the happy going, always laughing "baby" of the family. We are all incredibly close and I guess you could say I grew up in the "Leave It To Beaver" family. My parents just celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary this past June. They have been such extraordinary role models for all my siblings and I. I know I have been richly blessed and am thankful everyday for that.

3) I am a classically trained pianist and have been playing since the age of three. I originally was a music major (piano primary, flute secondary) in college. I decided I would NEVER find a job so I switched to education. I still play nearly every day and am booked for weddings and church events so I still get to enjoy my passion.

3) I LOVE to cook and am pretty darn good at it too. My husband and I always have a dream of retiring early and opening a bed and breakfast somewhere. Maybe someday we will and you will all be invited to come and stay! :)

4) I am strong in my faith in God and believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. It is that faith and prayer that has gotten me through many hard times in my family dealing with health issues, particularly cancer.

5) I share my birthday with my dad. He just turned 80!! It is a very special day for me.

6) I am a distant relative of Brett Favre and I am really mad at him for joining the Vikings. GRRRRR I LOVE football and nearly all sports.

7) I play tennis and love to mountain bike ride in the state parks. I also enjoy camping and have been doing that since I was a little girl.

8) I love to travel. I don't get to do it as often as I would like though.

9) I'm a history nut!! One of my minors in in History. I enjoy the History channel and love any documentary type show. I don't watch much television otherwise except for sports.

10) I LOVE music. Classic Rock is my favorite genre. You will hardly ever find me without some sort of music playing, unless of course I"m watching football, baseball, or some other sort of sport or the History Channel.

13. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Oct 4, 2009

Same here! My tv stays on The History Channel or Discovery. Most of my traveling revolves around visiting historic places, and the majority of my reading is either historical non fiction or historical fiction that is based in true events. I don't know about you but my interest in history is the people events - lives of ordinary people, the social culture, life experience in that era, etc etc....unlike my brother who is into famous battles, war figures etc....

14. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Oct 4, 2009

1. I have a brother and a sister - I am the oldest
    2. I just moved across country and am learning alot about my new town.
    3. I miss my friends more than I want to admit but I am making new friends here.
    4. I love all kinds of music except head banging kind- I tend to go through phases with music styles
    5. I am a First Year Teacher- I love my job and am surprised I am doing so well because I Never saw myself teaching this age group.
    6. I watch more shows on HBO and Showtime than I do on cable.
    7. I am a history geek too! I love watching the History Channel and one of my all time favorite shows is the West Wing. I love discussing politics as long as it doesnt go over board.
    8. I can be a workaholic with tunnel vision - not great when trying to develop a personal life...but I am working on that!
    9. I love to read and am planning on getting a book to read by the pool over my break this week :)
    10. I can be very introverted , I wish I was more outgoing at times.

15. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Oct 4, 2009

1. I have 2 sisters. One is 8 years older than me, the other is 9 years younger.
    2. If I could move anywhere right now, I would move to Australia
    3. I'm a budding Dallas Cowboys fan. At first, I was supporting them to make my fiance happy, but I'm really falling in love with this team!
    4. I love school supplies
    5. I have a miniature schnauzer named Lola
    6. My fiance and I lived down the street from each other in high school and didn't know each other until years later.
    7. I love mac and cheese
    8. It's my dream to take a cross country road trip.
    9. I was born in Washington, DC but consider Texas home.
    10. I tend to read children's literature more than adult fiction.

16. janlee

janlee Devotee

Oct 4, 2009

1. I'm the oldest of three girls.
    2. I have two sons.
    3. My oldest son will be marrying in Sept. 2010. (first of seven grandchildren to marry)
    4. My future daughter-in-law will be receiving her PhD in microbiology in Dec. and has been accepted at Harvard for her post doctoral work.
    5. I've been teaching for 25 years and have begun the countdown to retirement.
    6. I love to cook. My dream is to open an upscale cafe serving soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
    7. I love the Jersey shore. (I still can't believe my parents passed up buying a beach home over 40 years ago)
    8. My parents will be married 62 years this coming December and still live in the same house.
    9. I've taught in the open classroom concept, in trailers, in a self-contained classroom, and have looped.
    10. I'm only 4 pounds away from reaching my goal in WW.

17. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Oct 4, 2009

1. I am the mother to the 2 most wonderful sons that have ever been born. Don't be offended or argue, it simply is what it is. LOL
    2. I am the youngest in my family. i have one brother and one sister.
    3. I have been with my SO for 13 and a half years. We are not married and I like it that way.
    4. I have one pet, a greek tortoise. His name is King Kong and I love him.
    5. Math is my fav subject and I love teaching. 6th grade is my fav age group because they get my jokes.
    6. I love animation domination. I think it sucks that King of the Hill is over. I've watched The Simpsons since they were the beginning of the Tracy Ulmen show.
    7. I am a huge sports fan... Number one without a doubt I am a PITTSBURG STEELERS FAN, always have been. I love the Dodgers and Lakers as well, but that came as an adult. I was born a Steelers fan.
    8. I love to eat mexican and italian food, because I am half mexican half italian and proud of it.
    9. My kids have 23 cousins (some are 2nd or 3rd cousins, whatever) I buy Christmas presents for all of them. UGH!!!
    10. Most people think I'm a Bi***, they aren't wrong.

18. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

1. I the middle child (I have a brother who is two years older than me and a brother who is two years younger)
    2. I always wished that I had had a sister (although I did like being the "princess")
    3. Laura Ingalls Wilder is my favorite author and I have been to Missouri, South Dakota and Northern New York visiting locations that have LIW sites
    4. I lead a pretty boring life, but I love it!
    5. I am completely addicted to television!
    6. I am so grateful for parents and all that they have done for me
    7. 26 is my favorite number
    8. When I was in fourth grade after seeing someone recite the alphabet backwards in ten seconds I immediately began to practice it (and became pretty good at it)
    9. I drive a Toyota Coralla
    10. I am so excited for the Winter Olympics next year!

19. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Oct 4, 2009

Love this thread and appreciate the honesty. There's so many interesting people here!

1) I have a great son who is a logistics engineer, and a daughter who has survived 4 serious heart procedures and is a stay at home mom. I have three beautiful, bright grandchildren.
    2) Still married to my best friend, he's my soul-mate and keeps me in check.
    3) Masters in Gifted Ed., I'm going on year 21 in teaching. I was a stay at home mom while my children were young. I've worked for an Orthopedic Surgeon for a while and then a Vascular Surgeon... a long time ago.
    4) U.S. Chess Federation Chess Coach
    5) I love to travel, I have been to ten countries in Europe, Hawaii two times, Mexico four times, in and around much of the U.S.
    6) I'm still very active. I love to water ski, snow ski, exercise, ride four wheelers, bicycles, and horses.
    7) Second of six children, born on Halloween, and I am from a very traditional Lutheran family. Have a sister and brother who are millionaires and brilliant, and one brother who suffers with severe manic depression. I talk to my 80 y.o. Mom & 86 y.o. Dad at least once every day. I have a deep heart-felt love for them all.
    8) I love to read and collect books. I had over 500 until this summer; I gave half of them away when I thought we were going to move. :(
    9) I love gourmet food, and Italian opera - Andrea Bocelli makes my heart melt. I listen and enjoy almost any genre of music.
    10) I'm basically a very happy, optimistic person, and non-judgemental (Who and why would someone judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes?). I love to walk barefoot in the grass, read in my hammock, and enjoy the simple things.

20. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Oct 4, 2009

1. i´m an only child
    2. I ´ve got 2 daughters
    3. I´m married
    4. I live in a small flat
    5. I like playing tennis
    6. I love dancing
    7. I have 2 degrees
    8. I enjoy listening to music (when I´m alone and at high volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    9. I love going out with DH, and also w my friends.
    10. I love teaching

21. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Oct 4, 2009

I have seen the ones in Missouri and South Dakota too! My mom read those books to my sister and I when we were little, and I grew to love them. I have a LIW bonnet, doll, all the books and a few other odds in ends from gift shops!

22. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

kalli, that sounds exactly like me!! Although I also love to watch documentaries on famous battles and war figures, too. I particularly like the WW1 and 2 era of history and events leading up to it. The only thing I ever read is non fiction or historical fiction. I've been like that my entire life. :hugs:

23. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

JustMe
    I used to have problems swallowing pills and still do when it is bigger than Tylenol. I can NOT swallow them with water. At all! I need juice, or preferrably, a soft drink. Try that. And, maybe switch to Aleve as a pain reliever since they are smaller. Aleve was the first pill I swallowed.

24. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 4, 2009

1. I have one older brother
    2. I love pugs and have over a hundred pug things. I also have a pug puppy!
    3. I hate to travel because I am a real homebody and don't like to sleep anywhere else. I know I am missing out
    4. I love to cross stitch
    5. I have a deep fear of people disliking me. For example, I am even freaking out about what people think about me from the threads I have participated in lately. Because of this fear I really try to not dislike anyone not matter what.
    6. I teach in a Catholic school and cannot imagine teaching anywhere else, even though the money stinks
    7. My SO and I went to high school together and sat together in class but never met until we were 25.
    8. I will soon be participating in a research trial for a drug that could save my life. Unfortunately, in order to do so I have to stop all my current mediciation and get much sicker
    9. I LOVE to eat but can't cook or bake!
    10. I love family and talk to my parents multiple times a day.

25. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 4, 2009

JustMe,
    Some of the things that help me (which you might have already tried) is putting the water in my mouth first and tilting my head all the way back.

26. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2009

My daughter can't swallow pills either. I bought a pill splitter for her and that has helped.

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 4, 2009

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, so am I! :)

28. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Oct 4, 2009

1. A brother, a step-brother, a step-sister, and a half-sister for siblings.
    2. I have a Master's in International Affairs, a Master's in Teaching, and I am in my first year of a PhD program in Literacy
    3. I love trains and subways. I would rather take an hour-long train than drive for 30 minutes!
    4. I am getting married sometime this week...not sure the day, we are having the part on Saturday!
    5. I love cooking, but hate following recipes!
    6. I always double the garlic and onion in cooking!
    7. I love to read, and prefer to do it over most other things!
    8. I want to travel to all the inhabited continents- I've already been to North America (duh), Europe, and Asia
    9. My three pets, Buster (dog), Baxter (cat), and Kipper (cat), run my life!
    10. I have never felt as comfortable in my own skin as I do right now...my fiance is a major part of that.

29. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 4, 2009

I used to have problems swallowing pills for the longest time. I use soft drinks to take them with which helps and I also put the liquid in my mouth first the pill second.

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 4, 2009

Have you ever considered a pill crusher? I have a colleague who CAN NOT swallow pills- she has a pill crusher which pulverizes pills (not gel caps:eek:) and then she dissolves the powder in a beverage. CVS, Walgreens and other such pharmacies carry these.;)

31. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 4, 2009

I love you, and I don't even know you! Go Huskers!

About me:

1. I have 2 sisters, both of whom live far away from me.
    2. I have lived in Nebraska my whole life, except for about 8 months when I lived in Colorado with my sister in 7th grade.
    3. I am 30 years old.
    4. I have been with my husband (first he was my boyfriend) since I was 15-HALF my life!
    5. I live in the country, half a mile from the nearest neighbor, and wouldn't have it any other way.
    6. I used to be a sign language interpreter before becoming a teacher.
    7. My favorite things to do are boating and camping, which I do every weekend from April to October. From October to April, I karaoke.
    8. I have traveled to Canada and Mexico, but never across any ocean (yet).
    9. If I could be anything other than a teacher, I would either be a Food Network chef or a NASA educator.
    10. I have a tattoo.

32. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 4, 2009

Before using a pill splitter or crusher make sure the pill is able to be split. Some pills do not work as well if they are split. Something I just learned last week!

33. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Oct 4, 2009

1. I am the youngest of four. I have two brothers and one sister.

2. I have been married for five years.

3. My husband is 9 years older than me. I found out on our first date, that back in the early 80's he bought my Grandma's car on my Grandma's auction. I remember that day, because my uncle was so upset that the car didn't bring very much money.

4. I gave birth to three beautiful children. Sadly we lost my first born daughter to SIDS when she was only 4 1/2 months old. My son was born the next year. He is now three and my daughter will be two in February.

5. We are in the process of buying our next house. This will make house number four. Moving day is this Thursday. I hope this will be our last house.

6. Both of my brothers our ministers.

7. Love Mountain Dew. I drink way too much of it.

8. My favorite show is Lost. Can't wait for it to come back.

9. I have been teaching for 12 years now. I have taught Preschool, First grade and now Kindergarten.

10. I have lived in small towns all my life.

34. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2009

My apologies to Toby
    I love this site

We got winners, we got losers
    Chain smokers and boozers
    And we got yuppies, we got bikers
    We got thristy Lesson planers
    And the teacher next door dress up like a movie star

Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this site

We got cowboys, we got canukers
    Broken-hearted fools and suckers
    And we got lefters, we got righters
    Early birds and all-nighters
    And the veterans talk about their college days

[Chorus:]
    I love this site
    It's my kind of place
    Just sittin' down and logging in Puts a big smile on my face
    It ain't too far, come as you are

I've seen newbees, we got high-techs
    Blue-collar boys and rednecks
    And we got lovers, lots of lookers
    And I've even seen crossing guards and aiders
    And we like to drink our tea from a mason jar

Yes I do

I like my school (I like my school)
    I like my friends (I like my friends)
    I like to talk to them all night
    I like a movie now and then

But I love this site
    It's my kind of place
    Just trollin' around the threads
    Puts a big smile on my face
    No yearly charge, come as you are

We got divorcees and a owner woman
    An old ‘puter and a real broad band
    We got Moderators and we got starkers
    We got conservatives and Liberals
    If you get too Mad just shut’er down

I love this site
    It's my kind of place
    Just sittin' down and logging in Puts a big smile on my face
    It ain't too far, come as you are
    Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this site​

35. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Oct 4, 2009

Well, let's see:

1. 1 of 4 daughters.
    2. Father died in hunting accident when I was 2 months old.
    3. Mother suffered from extreme mental illness the remainder of
    childhood.
    4. Love to read and do anything else "relaxing".
    5. Am a school principal
    6. Am a mother of 6
    7. Am a believer that anyone can overcome anything
    8. Afraid of flying
    9. An avid baker and cake decorator (in spare time)
    10. An avid home remodeler/decorator

36. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Oct 4, 2009

1. I like a variety of music (Christian, New Age, Dance/Techno - it just depends!)

2. I think about and talk to God throughout the day but always in the morning and night

3. I met my husband online through Match.com even though he wasn't a sent "match" to me. I found him by going through some profiles myself!

4. I am pretty competitive when I play video games against others or sports.

5. I like going to casinos to play slot machines but don't go a lot because of the smoke and don't want to lose a lot. So it's usually 1-2 a year.

6. I've traveled to several countries in Europe (mainly when I was in MS!!!) and went on great a 23 mile bike ride in Holland.

7. I'm good at being a hostess or thinking about what others might need (I faxed my dad a calendar so he'd be able to keep better track of the days while he's in the hosp)

8. I've been a few different families' first non-family nanny when I was nannying/substituting.

9. I'm currently self-employed as a math tutor while I seek a day job.

10. I was Salutatorian in H.S.

37. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Oct 5, 2009

1. I was a lawyer for three years before I went into teaching.

2. I have been to college waaaay too many times (BA, 2 Masters, JD, and PhD.)

3. I am happily married to my childhood sweetheart for the past 25 years, she teaches High School English in the next town. We met in Kindergarden years ago.

4. I have 5 kids (25, 21, 18, 15, and 13). Boy, Girl, Boy, Boy, Girl.

5. My two oldest children are teachers. My oldest son teaches HS SS with me and my daughter teaches MS English and History.

6. I've been a certified basketball official since I've been 18. I love the game, even though I was terrible at it.

7. I am a HUGE country fan. I love, love, love country music!

8. I teach at the HS where I graduated from, scary I know. There is still one person here who taught when I was here, he is in his late 60s, and he still has it.

9. My son is getting married this summer to his high school sweetheart, whom is also a teacher. As you can see, my family is full of teachers!

10. I love to travel, I've been to all 50 states and 23 countries.

38. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Oct 5, 2009

1. I am currently teaching 2nd grade-the grade I started teaching right out of college. Things have changed!!I have also taught Special Education .
    2. I am in my 32nd year!I knew I would teach from the time I was in 1st grade.
    3. Due to teaching in 3 different states, Illinois, Arkansas, and Florida, I'll be at it for awhile longer!
    4.Happily married for 34 years. Terrific husband.
    5. I have 2 wonderful daughters, both teachers.
    6. I am a Christian and try to count my blessings.
    7. I enjoy entertaining. Looking forward to having friends over to play the Cornhole(bags) game a friend just made for us.
    8. My mother, brother, and other relatives are within an hour of each other in the Chicago suburbs.9. I like to walk.(and eat, so I need to walk!)
    10.Usually content to be home. My husband travels a lot(usually on business), I did go to Puerto Rico with him last year. It's hard to get ready for a sub.

39. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Oct 5, 2009

They're awesome, aren't they? I loved the museum at the MO one and seeing all of the different sites from the books at the SD one. I have way too much LIW stuff and it will probably only get worse. Eventually I definitely need to get to all of the sites.

40. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Oct 5, 2009

I have been a Huskers fan since the mid 80's-even through their down years. Just something about the fans, the area, etc that has me hooked. I don't see many games-I follow on ESPN on the net.
    I wear my Huskers Football sweatshirt proudly!!