runsw/scissors's Recent Activity

1. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Any Advice Appreciated.

I'm not sure where you are in CA now, but I think since LV is near the tip of Nevada it is close to some part of the CA border, right?...

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:55 AM
  2. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Middle School bulletin board ideas.

I'd keep it ELA based. Student work for sure, but also maybe a grammar board with parts of speech and sentence structures you are...

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:47 AM
  3. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Social Studies and Science.

What grade level? Most districts/states have at least a loose framework for what topics need to be taught when. In my mind the...

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:41 AM
  4. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Posting Assignments.

Does your district assign students email addresses? All the students in our district form 3rd (?) grade on up have a gmail account...

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM
  5. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Friend Advice Needed.

My best friend was in a similar situation. The abuse you describe is not what she went through, but she was treated badly all the same....

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:29 AM
  6. runsw/scissors replied to the thread ESOL TEACHERS, WHERE ARE YOU???.

I'm willing to try and help, but I need more information about what you need. What grades and language levels do you teach? specific...

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:08 AM
  7. runsw/scissors replied to the thread Help! LOTS of newcomers and non-readers.

The good news is that they are young. Younger level 1s tend to pick up speed faster than older students who are level 1. Students with...

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:48 PM
  8. runsw/scissors replied to the thread No more child-friendly "I can" statements....

That's exactly how you say it.

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:28 PM
  9. runsw/scissors liked TeacherNY's post in the thread No more child-friendly "I can" statements....

I saw the Cricut at Michael's and now I want one!! Dumb question but how do you pronounce it? I heard someone say it like "Cricket" and...

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:28 PM
  10. runsw/scissors replied to the thread What if....

That would mean every board member would have to get teaching licenses. That isn't going to happen.

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Members Online Now

1. skyline,
  2. MrsC
Total: 146 (members: 2, guests: 122, robots: 22)
test