RainStorm's Recent Activity

1. RainStorm liked readingrules12's post in the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

I am not sure, but I know many people who have been tested, and they all have gotten the actual tests up their nose. If the case counts...

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:16 PM
  2. RainStorm replied to the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

I just read this, and I think it makes quite a statement: "The United States has reported 2.9 million coronavirus cases to date, and at...

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:12 PM
  3. RainStorm attached a file to the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

Well, Florida DOE just published its plan -- all Florida public schools MUST be open for in-person instruction of ALL students a minimum...

fl covid.png Jul 6, 2020 at 8:44 PM
  4. RainStorm replied to the thread Routines and Procedures with Social Distancing.

bella84, I agree with you 100%. The general population seems to think that because they "need" their children cared-for so they can...

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:02 AM
  5. RainStorm replied to the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

MrsC., your observation is spot on. People outside of teaching simply do not "get it." Other countries that have returned safely seem...

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  6. RainStorm liked MrsC's post in the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

Last week, our provincial government announced that they will be providing funds for enhanced cleaning and health/safety protocols. When...

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM
  7. RainStorm replied to the thread Routines and Procedures with Social Distancing.

I found this article very enlightening on the situation we all know exists -- how can schools be expected to provide for the safety of...

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:05 AM
  8. RainStorm replied to the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

I just read this article...

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:38 AM
  9. RainStorm liked bella84's post in the thread School's Out, I'm going back to Accounting and Finance.

I don't really have anything else to add beyond what has already been suggested, but I just can't get over this one sentence in one of...

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:59 PM
  10. RainStorm replied to the thread School's Out, I'm going back to Accounting and Finance.

99percent, You have made a very common mistake -- you have become credentialed in two areas that have no demand. Being credentialed in...

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:54 PM
  11. RainStorm liked whizkid's post in the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

The cases will be even higher next month. Even with the best protocols, I do not think schools will be equipped enough to open the doors.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM
  12. RainStorm replied to the thread The Impact of School Closures on Coronavirus Spread.

I guess I'm looking at this from a little different angle. I'm old enough to remember the tail-end of the polio epidemic. Of course,...

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:39 PM
  13. RainStorm liked otterpop's post in the thread The Impact of School Closures on Coronavirus Spread.

Personally, I don’t want “nurse” added to my job description. I know that literally it could not, but we all know that teachers wear...

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:19 PM
  14. RainStorm replied to the thread Legalities of recording in the classroom.

My old school in NC just sent out a notice to parents that school would start in August, full-time in person, and the entire day would...

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:31 PM
  15. RainStorm replied to the thread Student behavior and returning to school during COVID-19.

Did you all just read this article about 40 school principals in quarantine after an in-person meeting on how to re-open schools....

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Members Online Now

1. waterfall,
  2. vickilyn,
  3. Daniel Jones
Total: 209 (members: 4, guests: 180, robots: 25)
test