RainStorm's Recent Activity

1. RainStorm liked vickilyn's post in the thread students with behavior in crowds.

The student has a 1:1 aide. Everything hinges on how well the aide can support this student. If there is doubt that the aide will be...

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:14 PM
  2. RainStorm replied to the thread Teachers smoking cigarettes.

You also only had to be 13 to have a "card on file" at the local drug store or grocery so that you could purchase cigarettes for your...

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:57 PM
  3. RainStorm replied to the thread students with behavior in crowds.

Yes. Have his parent come too, and be responsible for him, without separating him from his classmates. This way he can be with his...

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:46 PM
  4. RainStorm replied to the thread Cons of Daily 5.

I've found there really aren't many cons to Daily Five IF you keep an eye on the students (to make sure they are not staying on the same...

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM
  5. RainStorm replied to the thread New Sub and Terrified of Going to Work.

Jammy, When you check in at a school, ask where you'll find the lesson plans. If they tell you in the classroom, look right away and...

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM
  6. RainStorm replied to the thread Teachers smoking cigarettes.

I don't smoke, but when I was in high school (way back when), we actually had a smoking lounge for STUDENTS right in the school! The...

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM
  7. RainStorm liked MrsC's post in the thread Solo traveling?.

I spent many years not traveling, so I'm trying to make up for it. I have traveled alone the past 3 summers. The first two, I stayed in...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:06 PM
  8. RainStorm liked waterfall's post in the thread Solo traveling?.

If you don't want to do the totally solo thing, I looked into an organization a few years ago called GEEO. They put together trips for...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:05 PM
  9. RainStorm liked vickilyn's post in the thread Does this mean that my principal is leaving?.

Once you leave your old school, you have been replaced, trust me. A school can't run without a principal for long. That kind of means...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:03 PM
  10. RainStorm liked vickilyn's post in the thread Does this mean that my principal is leaving?.

Speculation would simply be a guessing game. Some people like to play those games, which may or may not be you. I have enough on my...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:03 PM
  11. RainStorm liked bella84's post in the thread Does this mean that my principal is leaving?.

Probably not, but anything is possible. Sometimes things come up. Even principals get sick or have family emergencies. It’s also a busy...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:02 PM
  12. RainStorm liked bella84's post in the thread Is behavior intervention coach allowed to sit in my classroom and observe?.

Right. I had 5 or 6 staff members in my classroom at one time on the first day of school this year. It was majorly anxiety-inducing....

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:15 PM
  13. RainStorm replied to the thread Is behavior intervention coach allowed to sit in my classroom and observe?.

Wow. So on the very first day, you made all these changes to the child? On the very first day? So in the first 7.5 hours you...

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:15 PM
  14. RainStorm liked a2z's post in the thread Is behavior intervention coach allowed to sit in my classroom and observe?.

I am absolutely positive that a good relationship helps tremendously when it comes to teaching children (and working with adults also)....

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:11 PM

Members Online Now

1. vickilyn,
  2. rpan,
  3. Pi-R-Squared,
  4. NC Teacher 4,
  5. Ima Teacher
Total: 424 (members: 8, guests: 397, robots: 19)
test