RainStorm's Recent Activity

1. RainStorm replied to the thread Kindergartners second hand high.

In my almost 20 years of teaching, I've never seen or heard of this problem.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:47 PM
  2. RainStorm posted a new thread.

New Substitute Regulations

I'm just shaking my head. The county where I live in Florida has just changed their policy due to the severe substitute teacher...

Forum: Substitute Teachers

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM
  3. RainStorm replied to the thread High percentage of IEPs?.

As far as I know, there is no mandated limit. I've always heard the "rule of thumb" is no more than 1/3 of the class, but I have often...

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:45 AM
  4. RainStorm liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread The line between accommodating because that's what teachers do and really needing a specific IEP.

I make sure to tell parents that if they want certain types of accommodations, like scribing or reading aloud, provided for their child...

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:32 PM
  5. RainStorm replied to the thread The line between accommodating because that's what teachers do and really needing a specific IEP.

I totally agree this is a hard line. We want to help, but sometimes by helping, we are robbing the student of the actual services they...

Jan 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM
  6. RainStorm replied to the thread High percentage of IEPs?.

I've had this problem repeatedly during my teaching career. This isn't the way inclusion is meant to work. It forces the classroom...

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:26 PM

Members Online Now

1. ally06
Total: 269 (members: 1, guests: 256, robots: 12)
test