John Lee's Recent Activity

1. John Lee liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Proprietory teachers.

Ok, finding an activity on Pinterest is not STEALING the idea from them (the teacher who complained about this needs to chill out)....

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  2. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

This exactly!

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM
  3. John Lee liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Proprietory teachers.

As long as the content is different why is it "their" lesson? If that were the case only one teacher in the whole school would be able...

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:59 AM
  4. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:24 PM
  5. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

ALL DUE RESPECT, because I don't want this thread dismissed. How am I stealing their thunder? Let me give a similar example. I have...

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:23 PM
  6. John Lee replied to the thread Observations, evaluations, and other times the principal is watching me: why do I panic so?.

I used to, to the point where I would sweat profusely. (That still happens on occasion, in new situations.) But in terms of...

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:00 PM
  7. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

Agree completely. To use the example I've given earlier, I did a Rube Goldberg unit with my summer school class (of which, a small...

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:54 PM
  8. John Lee liked Mr.history's post in the thread Proprietory teachers.

Maybe this is only an issue at certain grades/subjects because from my perspective of what you described I wouldn't have said a word to...

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:49 PM
  9. John Lee liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread Proprietory teachers.

Your colleagues can shove it. You can teach whatever activity you want provided that it pertains to the curriculum and subject matter...

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:49 PM
  10. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

If you read the comment I replied to, I thought it was as much curt & dismissive as it was constructive & wanting to be helpful.

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:46 PM
  11. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

Well, I do extend the courtesy because in all cases, I defer. But shouldn't they extend me the same courtesy? What you describe (about...

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:40 PM
  12. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

Well, I don't ignore it. I've complied in all instances, but I honestly don't know why they take exception at all is my point. As...

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM
  13. John Lee replied to the thread Proprietory teachers.

Chill out. I actually never mentioned reading a novel. But I have had (one of the aforementioned teachers) take exception to me using a...

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:00 PM
  14. John Lee posted a new thread.

Proprietory teachers

Hi, I'm curious if anyone here would agree/disagree with this... I work at a school, where more than one teacher, has called on me to...

Forum: General Education

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:51 PM

Members Online Now

1. Obadiah,
  2. Missy,
  3. dr.gator,
  4. MrsC
Total: 277 (members: 5, guests: 256, robots: 16)
test