ecteach's Recent Activity

1. ecteach replied to the thread Considering retirement at end of year....anyone in same boat?.

You had me at "feral children." NO judgement. But, I definitely think it's time to retire. This job is rough and there's an ending...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:33 AM
  2. ecteach replied to the thread Thank you cards/notes/ideas.

What about a thank you video? Maybe with the kids singing a short snippet of a song, and then saying, "THANK YOU" at the end. You...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:31 AM
  3. ecteach liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

I am lucky right now in that I pay $550/month for rent and I live in California— which is basically unheard of — and in a nice house to...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:28 AM
  4. ecteach liked Tired Teacher's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

I think the best purchase I ever made was made in downsizing to a smaller home. The place has tripled in value since I built it. (...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM
  5. ecteach liked Been There's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

2001 Honda Insight that got up to 90 MPG! Unfortunately, I was forced to sell it due to increasing technical problems which today may...

6. ecteach liked TrademarkTer's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

Omeprazole. God it feel's good to not have heartburn.

7. ecteach liked scholarteacher's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

One of mine--the first to come to mind--is a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea pot for the microwave. They were hard to find, and I haven't seen them...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:26 AM
  8. ecteach liked Rhesus's post in the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

If we are talking material things, then this has given me a lot of pleasure: [IMG]

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:26 AM
  9. ecteach replied to the thread What Has Been Your Best Purchase Ever?.

The best purchase I have ever bought is a tie between 2 things: 1. My 2012 Honda Civic that currently has 120k miles and has never had...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM
  10. ecteach posted a new thread.

Books

I cancelled my cable about a month ago, because I was watching too much "crap" and getting too riled up by politics. Best decision...

Forum: Teacher Time Out

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:23 AM
  11. ecteach liked a2z's post in the thread Teacher obsolescence.

It's sad kids are in school for 6 1/2 hours a day and don't come out knowing basic math or basic reading because of all of the other...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:13 AM
  12. ecteach liked Pi-R-Squared's post in the thread Teacher obsolescence.

When little children are sad and they need someone to cry on, will they hug the nearest Chromebook? What’s gonna save teachers’ jobs is...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:12 AM
  13. ecteach replied to the thread Are there any sayings that drive you up a wall?.

I say this all the time. lol. Sorry.

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:12 AM
  14. ecteach liked blazer's post in the thread Are there any sayings that drive you up a wall?.

Weird because over here we think we follow you. You had Charters and we copied them with our Free schools and Academies.

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM
  15. ecteach liked Tired Teacher's post in the thread Are there any sayings that drive you up a wall?.

I think we follow after England in a lot of ways. ( Not just in education....) I am afraid in 20 yrs, we will be in their shoes w/ the...

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Members Online Now

1. Ima Teacher
Total: 320 (members: 1, guests: 299, robots: 20)
test