CaliforniaRPCV's Recent Activity

1. CaliforniaRPCV liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread Why isn't there one cert for teachers?.

Fun fact: a teacher is EITHER licensed OR certified, and which one it is depends on what the issuing state chooses to call it.* In...

May 23, 2020 at 8:23 AM
  2. CaliforniaRPCV liked RainStorm's post in the thread Twin Stories.

This made me laugh. When I was in high school, I was friends with a set of identical twins. They were in different classrooms....

May 23, 2020 at 2:41 AM
  3. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Twin Stories.

So the problem with splitting twins is that it highlights the horrendous inconsistencies within the school. It is depressing to view the...

May 23, 2020 at 12:11 AM
  4. CaliforniaRPCV liked bella84's post in the thread Twin Stories.

I'm neither a twin nor the parent of a twin, so maybe my opinion isn't worthy of consideration... but I've never really thought that...

May 22, 2020 at 8:56 PM
  5. CaliforniaRPCV liked MrD's post in the thread I quit teaching. Unsure to go back..

Does anybody know an exact reason why teaching certs are just transferable across the US? If I’m a nurse I just take the NCLEX once and...

May 22, 2020 at 2:10 PM
  6. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

But in a polite way.

May 22, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  7. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

Yes, but it has also been common for theorems to be re-discovered and proved independently because there was no knowledge of the...

May 22, 2020 at 9:38 AM
  8. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

Most libraries are pretty limited, especially these days. And in the best libraries there are computers set up so you can search for...

May 22, 2020 at 1:38 AM
  9. CaliforniaRPCV liked a2z's post in the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

Agreed. I'm not advocating no technology for anyone. I just think that we, as a society, (not you) should be recognizing that one way...

May 21, 2020 at 6:39 PM
  10. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

As human beings we have limitations to how much we can learn. Yes, we all must prioritize. And information systems technology has...

May 21, 2020 at 6:25 PM
  11. CaliforniaRPCV liked Caesar753's post in the thread Question about unemployment.

I agree that the extra $600 is a game-changer. In my state the max is $790/week. That, combined with the $600/week, has really helped...

May 21, 2020 at 1:50 PM
  12. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Students Who Can't Use Internet.

Personally, I live in constant shame of my ignorance of so many subjects. I haven't paid enough attention in my life to things like...

May 21, 2020 at 1:50 PM
  13. CaliforniaRPCV liked Ms. I's post in the thread Question about unemployment.

^ Yep! I was just saying that this extra $600 is even more than the max they give normally in UI.

May 21, 2020 at 12:48 PM
  14. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Where you live, do you have items that you can't get at the store?.

It's fine to sell them and keep the profit whether you "need" the money or not.

May 20, 2020 at 10:42 PM
  15. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread "We Can't Return to Campus This Fall" - Great Article to Share, and Share..

Online classes in the colleges and community colleges are much more effective for the adults attending than they are for younger...

May 20, 2020 at 4:33 PM

Members Online Now

1. ready2learn,
  2. RainStorm,
  3. Ima Teacher,
  4. Backroads,
  5. vaticxs,
  6. CDOR79,
  7. miss-m,
  8. MrsC
Total: 541 (members: 8, guests: 507, robots: 26)
test