CaliforniaRPCV's Recent Activity

1. CaliforniaRPCV liked Pisces's post in the thread feeling lost and sad....

Thank you. I had a difficult year last year - even before COVID and being away from toxicity has helped me immensely. Two weeks away...

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:55 PM
  2. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread This is SUCH a frustrating thing to keep hearing.

I think the source of this is teaching critical thinking, which is kind of antithetical to the compliance required within many families.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:19 PM
  3. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I think this is a transition from one school to another, middle school to high school. So this is advice to go outside the school rather...

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:10 PM
  4. CaliforniaRPCV liked MrsC's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

You are speculating about what the parents may be involved in based on some random comments and on things that they may or may not have...

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  5. CaliforniaRPCV liked RainStorm's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

If the parent is involved in criminal activity AND you have verifiable proof, then you report that to the police if it occurs outside of...

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:02 PM
  6. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the daughter at that point. If you think the dad is committing a crime based on what is being...

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:41 PM
  7. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

What would be the process in that case? As far as difference goes, selling drugs might be endangering the child. Taking kickbacks would...

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:04 PM
  8. CaliforniaRPCV liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I know the parents of the majority of my students. I’m from this small town. I’ve taught here for 27 years. Very few people are ones...

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:48 PM
  9. CaliforniaRPCV liked a2z's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

No. That is not your place. It is not helpful for the student in any way. It taints the view of the student in advance.

10. CaliforniaRPCV liked swansong1's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I wouldn't say anything to anyone. Give this student a clean start with new teachers, just as teachers do every day, everywhere. Her...

11. CaliforniaRPCV liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I think you're taking on too much responsibility in this. Talk to the counselor and maybe she can speak with the student about her...

12. CaliforniaRPCV liked swansong1's post in the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I understand your concern for this student to grow up to be a healthy, functioning member of society. I also understand that you will...

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:47 PM
  13. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

Sounds terrible. If this were the company I used to work for, I'd definitely be in trouble. But that was a publicly traded company that...

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:47 PM
  14. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

I've got to say you have an amazing microcosm of society in your community.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:13 AM
  15. CaliforniaRPCV replied to the thread Awesome kid with questionable parents.

The process has been followed. Don't go outside the process. Check yourself, especially since you seem to be considering going beyond...

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:12 AM

Members Online Now

1. Caesar753,
  2. arman,
  3. stargirl,
  4. MntnHiker
Total: 354 (members: 5, guests: 321, robots: 28)
test