bella84's Recent Activity

1. bella84 liked Backroads's post in the thread Breaking contract mid-year.

This is my burning question as well. Who is teaching the kids?

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM
  2. bella84 liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Breaking contract mid-year.

Good for you for leaving ! But, if they're hiring a teacher by the end of the month, who's going to teach in the meanwhile? A secretary? :)

3. bella84 liked LilyJames38's post in the thread Breaking contract mid-year.

Well, it all started around 5:30 am yesterday. My child is sick and needed to go to the dr, plus my dog was in labor. I was just like,...

4. bella84 liked Backroads's post in the thread Breaking contract mid-year.

Yeah, I definitely want the story detail for detail! This is awesome!

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:08 PM
  5. bella84 liked LilyJames38's post in the thread Breaking contract mid-year.

*Update - I left!! I finally freaking left! I finally had enough yesterday, and just quit. I feel no remorse or guilt, today has been...

6. bella84 replied to the thread Are there any sayings that drive you up a wall?.

Same here. We had a presentation full of information last year. It was all about how we needed to change our thinking about students...

7. bella84 liked Backroads's post in the thread Bathrooms and consequences.

I've recently discovered I really just need to do a mass bathroom break roughly after post-lunch read-aloud. I think lunch has been...

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:05 PM
  8. bella84 liked a2z's post in the thread Bathrooms and consequences.

As with everything, there will always be those who abuse the system, but not all that appear to abuse the system are really abusing the...

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM
  9. bella84 liked MrsC's post in the thread Bathrooms and consequences.

I was reminded of this thread when I was at a PD workshop last week. During the "housekeeping" announcements, the facilitator reminded...

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:02 PM
  10. bella84 liked a2z's post in the thread Word guessers.

A few weeks ago I posted an article about how the Three Cueing Method really is horrible for students. Seems you have some wonderfully...

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:30 AM
  11. bella84 liked a2z's post in the thread Bathrooms and consequences.

But during lunch and recess, the student is often very mentally occupied. It isn't until they calm down that they receive the signals...

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:26 AM
  12. bella84 liked Tired Teacher's post in the thread Moving from teacher to administrator...advice needed.

I had what I could call the best principal ever for many years. It was in a huge school and they put her there because they needed the...

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:58 PM
  13. bella84 replied to the thread Note taking apps for second grade?.

I don't see a problem with them doing the thinking or even the writing that you've described here. But I don't see it as "taking...

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:57 PM
  14. bella84 replied to the thread Yay! Fall break is here!.

Yes. A sick day would be allowed in that case but not a personal day. We also can’t take personal days on the first or last days of...

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:09 AM
  15. bella84 replied to the thread Yay! Fall break is here!.

We technically can’t, but I do things like scheduling a doctor appointment in the morning and taking the whole day off anyway, even if a...

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:05 AM

Members Online Now

1. john amber
Total: 440 (members: 2, guests: 418, robots: 20)
test