Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked Obadiah's post in the thread Excellent Article on Discerning What is Read or Heard.

This article might be an excellent resource for lessons on discerning propaganda, false advertising claims, etc....

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:59 AM
  2. Backroads liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

As far coming early or staying late - I really don't think they can or should say anything about that. You have your contracted hours,...

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:32 PM
  3. Backroads posted a new thread.

DIBELS testing at the end of the day! Noooo...

Planning hour. Was vaguely aware it was DIBELS day. Am handed the tentative schedule. My kids are scheduled to be tested at the very...

Forum: Elementary Education

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:21 AM
  4. Backroads liked blazer's post in the thread Paying for your own sub?.

Update. procedure seems to have worked. Still need a few more checkups and tests over the next few months. Cancelled the vacation to...

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:16 AM
  5. Backroads liked RainStorm's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

I think all to often admins stay out of new hires' rooms, and then when it comes to the first formal observation are totally shocked at...

Sep 19, 2019 at 7:00 AM
  6. Backroads replied to the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

This is a great attitude that works well in a healthy environment. The other week, my district sent out a survey to get impressions on...

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:11 PM
  7. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

I’ve worked with numerous administrators through the years and I have no qualms with them observing me when I teach. I welcome it...

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:05 PM
  8. Backroads liked RainStorm's post in the thread How Do You Teach When . . ..

Today a nice man came to my house to give me a quote on putting in a fence. I have two small dogs and need a fence. He saw I had a...

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:44 PM
  9. Backroads liked Joyful!'s post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

Why don't you just ask them if there is something they see that you can do to improve? You know they have experience, they know the...

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:51 PM
  10. Backroads liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

From an administrator's point of view: please, be humble and coachable. If they get an arrogant vibe from you, they can easily let you...

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:31 PM
  11. Backroads replied to the thread Storing Letter "Tiles".

It's a big project, but other teachers in my grade took folders and velcro tape. Each child has a folder with letters they can pull...

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:52 PM
  12. Backroads liked MrsC's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

I agree with the thought that you should not go into the meeting with a negative or defensive attitude. Do what we want our students to...

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:29 PM
  13. Backroads replied to the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

I got the impression from the OP's post that she was simply doing a lot of her prep at home. Which these days is incredibly possible and...

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:57 AM
  14. Backroads liked RainStorm's post in the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

You've received some great advice and some great observations. I'd add only this -- be humble. You (and any first teacher) do not...

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Are first year teachers constantly watched and corrected by admin?.

Yup. New teachers get watched. I'm new to my district, so I'm being watched. Not as much as the new-new teachers, but it's part of the...

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Members Online Now

1. mathmagic,
  2. 3Sons,
  3. mrsmac7,
  4. Lizzybooksnstories,
  5. MrsC
Total: 234 (members: 5, guests: 207, robots: 22)
test