Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked Teachingtoo's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

I did when I was kindergarten teacher. Candies and lollipops, that's it.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:05 PM
  2. Backroads liked viola_x_wittrockiana's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

Last year, the middle school did a program around Christmas where the kids could request a book and one of the teachers/staff would get...

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:03 PM
  3. Backroads liked vickilyn's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

The districts in NJ, by and large, don't allow us to hand out food treats anymore. Similarly, one needs to be very careful about not...

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:03 PM
  4. Backroads liked John Lee's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

I think I'm going to this year. I haven't normally, which (now during covid I'm reconsidering all of my interpersonal interactions with...

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:56 PM
  5. Backroads liked blazer's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

The occasional chocolate bar for my home group at Christmas and Easter. My school always had a Form captain (as sort of p.a. ) who was...

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:20 AM
  6. Backroads liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

No. I have over 100 students a day, so no gifts.

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:20 AM
  7. Backroads liked whizkid's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

Yes.

Nov 26, 2020 at 5:09 PM
  8. Backroads liked waterfall's post in the thread Do you buy your students gifts?.

I did when I was a new teacher. I've always worked in really low SES schools and I felt like my students might not be getting much for...

Nov 26, 2020 at 5:09 PM
  9. Backroads posted a new thread.

Do you buy your students gifts?

Recently learned that giving gifts far beyond a pencil and a candy cane (examples of current season) is A Thing. Like, yikes, who has...

Forum: General Education

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:06 AM
  10. Backroads replied to the thread Good parents have super-smart grade-rushing kids.

With online kindergarten, I actually encourage parents working with the kid. Hell, I'm still cool with dictating. But that's a very...

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:04 AM
  11. Backroads liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Christmas break!.

I’m not ready for Christmas break at all. Our kids have only been in person FOUR DAYS since school began, three weeks late, on August...

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:56 AM
  12. Backroads replied to the thread Good parents have super-smart grade-rushing kids.

Update: We did some more official assessments on the kid. They are... pretty average. A good student, but there's a lot of kindergarten...

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:51 PM
  13. Backroads liked vickilyn's post in the thread What should you do with rude and angry parents?.

You might want to make sure that your own attitude isn't somewhat combative - that can be an easy trap to fall into. The truth is that...

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM
  14. Backroads liked Iris1001's post in the thread Christmas break!.

December 23rd! Less than a month to go. I am so excited. I plan on not taking any work home. I just want to lounge and read by the...

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:28 PM

Members Online Now

1. PrediksiParlay,
  2. TnKinder,
  3. waterfall
Total: 213 (members: 4, guests: 189, robots: 20)
test