A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Middle School / Junior High

Old 11-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Companion

USA
7th/8th Grade Language/Lit Teacher
Middle school bulletin board ideas?

I am looking for some creative ideas for bulletin boards that I can leave up for awhile. I don't want them to be too specific concerning academic content because then I will just have to redo them after winter break, but I am not opposed to something more general like a grammar themed board, good writing traits, etc. Does anyone know of any good websites, or is there something on AtoZ I can look at? Most of what I've seen before is very elementary focused. THANKS!!! I <3 this site!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Companion

USA
7th/8th Grade Language/Lit Teacher
Forgot to say that I teach English/Reading to 7th and 8th grade.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Companion

SC
cover the board with superman wrapping paper - and put up "super" examples of writing

cover board with tin foil - "what do you see for yourself in 2010?"

create a tree with branches out of crumpled brown paper bags - "Books - don't 'leaf" home without them" - put books with title they'd enjoy as the leaves of the tree

put a real open pizza box on the bulletin board - "keep your eye on the pie" - put pepperoni around the box with english skills/goals on them

cover the board with batman wrapping paper and a sign that says "riddle me this . . . " have kids write riddles on colored index cards and put on the board

email me at EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead for more ideas
Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Chester, PA
8th Grade Math
I teach 8th grade math and I have three bulletin boards that stay up all year. The one is "Class Messages" where I have a calendar and each class is earning a Pizza Party for homework. So I have "Pizza Party" spelled out for each class as they earn a letter.

I also have a "Wall of Fame" for students who get A's, B's, and C's on tests and quizzes.

The third bulletin board is called "Math Messages" which wouldn't work for you, but I made posters that have all the PSSA math terms on them. Maybe you could make an English bulletin board with all the English PSSA terms on it.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Companion

Iowa
Middle School Teacher
Do you ever give your students a multiple intelligences survey? I give my students a M.I. survey every year. I then make a bar graph on the bulletin board with all the different types of intelligences spanning the bottom of the bulletin board. Then I use index cards to make vertical bar that go upwards from each type of intelligence with the names of the students who fall in that category on the index cards.

The kids love to see their names on the board! I then create student choice boards for projects for each unit we study (I teach science). The choice boards have 2-3 project ideas the students can choose from for each of the types of intelligences. The students can then refer back to the bulletin board all year if they want to remember "how they are smart."

I hope that makes sense. It would be much easier to just show you a picture

Tags
board, bulletin, ideas, middle, school