A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Rookie

fl
There Was an Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid Of Anything At All activities/lesson plans

I am looking for K, 1, 2nd and 3rd grade activities/reading lesson plans for the book. I pull out of the classroom for reading and have read the book this week to all my young ones and had the older ones choral read the book. They LOVE it and I want to expand, but I can't find anything! I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Rookie

Texas
Substitute Teacher
Idea

I just read this book to my K class today. It's one of my favorites. I was trying to remember the activity I came up with years ago for 1st Grade. As I recall, I made a little book for them to put together. I gave them outlines of the shoes, pants, shirt, etc. to cut out and paste on each page over the words of the actions each performed... "The two ________ went
clomp, clomp." They had to cut and paste the correct item to go with the words and put the pages in the order found in the story. This gives them something they can take home and read to parents and is an example of sequencing.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
I made pictures of each item and hand one out to each student (multiples of different items) and I read the book. When I read the part that talks about their part, they hold it up and make the sounds. I also use the cards to sequence the story.

Here is a great site for more activities: http://www.makinglearningfun.com/the...ofAnything.htm
Old 10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Rookie

fl
Thanks ladies, I am going to try these ideas. I can't believe how all grades K-3 loved the story. My 3rd graders were into it just as much as my babies in Kindergarten!

Tags
activities or lesson, afraid, lady, plans