A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Substitute Teachers

Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast

Central Ohio
Jobulator

I know that Jobulator was discussed on AtoZ last year.

Certain states were being tested for this service. Of course, now this year, they are charging a fee for it.

Right now, I using their free trial offer. But, I know that in a couple of more weeks, I will pay the fee so that I can have Jobulator again this school year. I can't afford NOT to have it!

Jobulator notifies me with a little bell sound when a job is posted onto Aesop. Then I can quickly accept the job - either through Jobulator or on Aesop. I have my laptop on all the time that I'm at home, so I pick up those jobs real FAST!

For the states that tested Jobulator last year, we will pay $20 for the year. It's $40 for the year for other states.
I'm not sure, but I think that if the schools where you sub have Aesop, you can get Jobulator to notify you whenever jobs are posted.

There's a thirty day FREE trial offer for Jobulator.
Check it out - it really helped me last year!

http://www.jobulator.com/

(I have NOTHING to do with this company! I just want to help out other substitute teachers.)

Old 09-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Novice

Northern California
Future High School Teacher
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Companion

California
1st Grade Teacher
does look interesting. So is Aesop an online sub system instead of getting calls, they are just posted on the site and you're supposed to check whenever you want to work?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Central Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahodge79 View Post
does look interesting. So is Aesop an online sub system instead of getting calls, they are just posted on the site and you're supposed to check whenever you want to work?
Exactly. Teachers (or other school personnel) post sub jobs onto Aesop. Substitute teachers log into Aesop and see the jobs posted. The sub can either accept or decline the job.

You never know when a job will be posted, so it's nice to have Jobulator make the ringing bell sound to alert subs to a new job being posted.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Connoisseur

NE Illinois
Elementary Teacher
I signed up for this for a few months last year. I can't say it works or not - because i never heard it. My house isn't big...but it seems rather sound-proof. My computer is in my closet (I am not a clothes horse, the closet is too large, so I made half of it into a mini-office)...and unless I stayed in my bedroom, I wasn't going to hear it go off.

i like the concept. But at least in my set-up...even if it DID work, it wasn't useful for ME.

(It wasn't called jobulator...but worked the same way. And it charged..I think like $9 a month. Which if it worked would have paid off in only an hour of subbing. If my computer was more centrally located, or I had one I could take with me...I would try it again. As is, I probably won't.)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Rookie

Dallas, Texas
First year teacher, 1st grade
WOW! You may have made my year! I've been refreshing AESOP every 15 seconds for 2 weeks straight! This is great! Thank you for posting this!

I was doing a little research about Jobulator and it really hasn't gotten very good reviews. It seems like lots of people are having problems... eek. I guess there's still no reason why I can't sign up for the free trial!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Newcomer

NJ
I use a program called subjobfetcher. I have used it for about 6 months and it has worked out great. I don't know what jobulator is but it sounds the same. I just tell the program what I want and it finds the job for me.

Tags
jobulator