A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > New Teachers Archives

Old 03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Newcomer

Gift for Cooperating Teacher

I'm a student teacher, and I'm finishing up my last week with my 4th grade class. I've had the best cooperating teacher and want to get her a gift. Any ideas? I also need ideas for something small to give my students?

Old 03-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Comrade

I'm in the same boat....I know some of my CT's interests. I was thinking about making a frame and embelishing it with those items. (Buttons with the same theme or something from nature like twigs or sand) Maybe taking a picture of me with the students to put in it....or maybe a massage/pedicure certificate....for the students (pre-K Spe Ed) I have to really think about...fourth grade....hmmmm...maybe some gift certs for a cheap ice cream place? (check around somebody might give you a deal 'cuz your a teacher) they're a bit beoynd stickers, pencils or maybe not...perhaps you can theme something around one of the lesson plans they seemed to get a lot out of...
Old 03-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Florida
Gift certificate to a local teachers' store or catalog, manicure, restaurant, craft store, etc., is always welcomed.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Comrade

Nova Scotia
Substitute Teacher
When I finiished my first placement I gave my CT a Christmas ornament from Carlton Cards. It was an angel holding a star that said "I believe". For the class I gave the book "My Life as a Fifth-Grade Comedian" by Elizabeth Levy, which I wrote a message to the class in the inside cover. I also got some free bookmarks from somewhere online (enough for the whole class), and some Halloween rings and smiley [my last name is Smiley] pencils from the dollar store (my last day was the week before Halloween). The kids seemed to like these, infact several of them sharpened those pencils the first chance they got that day, and used them for the rest of the day.

I hope this gives you some ideas
Old 03-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Comrade

new jersey
Preschool Teacher
When I want to show I really care about and appreciate someone, I get an engraved gift. I just received my own engraved gift at Valentine's Day and did I feel special! There's a store at my local mall that just sells metal objects to be engraved, trinket boxes, picture frames, desk doodads, etc. Is there anything you know the classroom needs? When I was in practicum, I got my CT a dustbuster (little hand-held vaccum.) Corny, but she could really use one. I also got a gift cert to a book store. That way, she could spend it on her kids if she wanted, or on herself if she wanted.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Habitué

WV
Kindergarten Teacher
I gave my students pencils with their names (first and last) on them. You can order these usually for fifty cents or so...three pencils to a pack! The kids love them and can always use a pencil! I gave my CT a gift certificate to her favorite scrapbook store! I'm sure any gift certificate will be appreciated!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Cohort

Seattle Area
Kindergarten Teacher
I like the gift certificate idea, how about for a massage! I decided to give my mentor teachers something that was not "teachery". They get enough cutesy apples and bears etc. from the kids as gifts. I gave them candle holders (they were snowflakes). I think holiday stuff is nice because it can be put away. I hate stuff that sits around and collects dust!

For my kids I made gift bags (3rd grade). I filled them with stuff from cheap places and the dollar store: pencils, pencil top erasers, pencil grips, a gel pen, hair clips (girls), plastic toys (boys). They loved it. The school supplies came in packages of 20-30 (Walmart I think, but you can find them elsewhere too). The clips and toys came in packs of 6-10 ($$ store). I bought the cute bags at a discount party store. I don't think you can get too old for school supplies!

How about a card (or postcard) for each kid, maybe throw in a cute pencil. You could color copy a picture onto card stock (you could get 2 cards or 4 postcards on each sheet of cardstock). Then hand write a personalized note on the back.

Tags
cooperating, gift, teacher