A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Secondary Education

Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
We are paid every other Friday beginning the second week of school and ending the end of June. On our last June pay, we get advanc pay for the summer.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Cohort

USA
Twice a month on the 5th and 20th. I am also paid over 12 months.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Phenom

Disney country
Retired and sleeping late!
We get paid monthly and get 3 checks in June. 1st check of the new year is the end of Aug. New teachers can get a $1000 bridge loan and pay it back beginning in Oct at $250 per month for 4 months.

Molly, suggestions for getting some extra money: Have a garage sale and clean out anything you can think of. People buy the strangest junk! I made $400 at my last sale and I had nothing extra good.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Novice

In both NY and FL I was paid every two weeks.

We had the option of "putting money aside" to get a check in June/July. I did that.

I didn't realize until I moved to NC that it was once a month! They did offer an advancement on salary-up to $2000. Paid it back for 10 months $222 or so.

I "heard" that we are getting paid year round next year. My monthly will be lower-but it will soooooooooooo help. My last pay check was in the last working day in May(minus the furlough the governor took from us) and my next won't be until the last working day in August (that's if I get a job).

I'm teaching summer school as a TA just to get through. I'll get 10 days in July and 10 days in August (the end of each month).

I actually make more $$$ on unemployment! I don't think I'll get unemployment for the 20 days I work in summer school.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Novice

West Coast
Science
Oh, wow! It seems like everyone gets paid in a variety of ways. Well, thanks for the responses and I guess I'll just have to wait and ask the school.

Molly, I feel your pain. I'll be a new teacher and I'm super broke, too. Maybe they'll give us a sign on bonus? Lol. Yeah right. I'm still trying to come up w/ ideas on how to cover moving costs...this should be interesting.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Connoisseur

GED & Science Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysuek View Post
We get paid monthly and get 3 checks in June. 1st check of the new year is the end of Aug. New teachers can get a $1000 bridge loan and pay it back beginning in Oct at $250 per month for 4 months.

Molly, suggestions for getting some extra money: Have a garage sale and clean out anything you can think of. People buy the strangest junk! I made $400 at my last sale and I had nothing extra good.
I don't have much here, else I would. Most of my stuff is with my parents in fairly inaccessible storage. Considered some textbooks, but this is rotten time for those; I would get less than 25% what I can get in August. I'm going to take classes full-time so I can get financial aid money end of August.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Connoisseur

GED & Science Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunkie25 View Post
Oh, wow! It seems like everyone gets paid in a variety of ways. Well, thanks for the responses and I guess I'll just have to wait and ask the school.

Molly, I feel your pain. I'll be a new teacher and I'm super broke, too. Maybe they'll give us a sign on bonus? Lol. Yeah right. I'm still trying to come up w/ ideas on how to cover moving costs...this should be interesting.
Yeah, it sucks. My very satisfactory solution for tonight? White Russians.

I may be totally poor right now, but I've still got some Christmas Grey Goose and Kahlua stash left .
Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Devotee

Georgia
5th Grade Teacher
We get paid once a month for 12 months. New teachers get a 12 or 13 month pay cycle. If they opt for the 13 they get a check in Aug, and pay it back over the school year. Our fiscal year does not officially start until Sept. Some opt to wait until Sept.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

Texas
kindergarten
I teach in Texas and we get paid once a month for 12 months. New teachers have 13th month option.

I can't imagine anything BUT being made monthly. I immediately pay all my bills and live on what's left. I at least ALWAYS know my bills will be paid.

I cannot imagine not getting paid throughout the summer though......
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
We get paid once a month year-round. There are some districts around me that get paid once a month on a 10 month year, but it is rare. I don't know of any in my area that get paid bi-weekly or weekly.

Tags
month, paid, teachers