A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 04-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Cohort

Online English Teacher
Do you feel tired after a vacation?!

We were in the car for 6 hours yesterday (we left around 3pm) on our way home with a couple of 5 minute stops. I feel so tired today! I even fell asleep on the couch last night for a few hours before I woke up and came to bed around 1:30.

Anyways, do you ever feel tired after a vacation? I'm guessing it's because I'm looking at all of the to do's and trying to get motivated to put things away and do the chores since I didn't have to this weekend!

What do you do in general to get your energy up? I already walked my dog this morning and took a power nap.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
Definitely tired after a vacation. In fact, I was talking with a co-worker about the fact that I can only take a 3-4 day vacation on spring break because I need the first weekend to relax and get packed and a few days after we return to wash clothes and get ready to go back to school. It helps to not drive so much on the way home. Sometimes we will stop 2 hours away from home and stay one night before coming the rest of the way home.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Aficionado

Kentucky
Middle School Teacher
Vacations always make me tired. That's why I will never go anywhere on spring break, fall break, or right before school starts. It wears me out.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Habitué

North Carolina
High School Teacher
Yes, definitely. A new place, a change in routine, having to come up with plans. All these things take energy.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Phenom

I just wish I could get some rest on my weekends. My DH picked me up from school Friday, we drove 350 miles and spent the weekend with my son and his family. We returned Sunday night about 8:00, this coming weekend I'll be going 240 miles to check on my parents. I'm beat and I don't have a job where you go to work and rest!!! I haven't had a weekend off in 8 weeks!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP Grad Student & 2 Other Jobs
For me, I don't know if I'd call it tired. I never felt downright fatigued & took a nap or anything after coming home from a trip. It just feels good to be relaxed at home after coming back! That 1st night sleeping in my own bed again feels fabulous! To me, the worst thing about going on a trip is having to unpack.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Phenom

Midwest
We always joke we need a vacation from the vacation. We also try to find a vacation spot where we don't have to be anywhere either.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Comrade

Argentina
3rd/4th grades English Teacher
If vacations are in a new or exotic place, I will come back tired.
If vacations are ON THE BEACH, I will return home more relaxed.
For me , it depends totally on the place you have decided to go.
In 2008 I went to the South of Argentina (beautiful mountains, hundreds of lakes, woods) , imagine!!!! I came back actually axhausted.
And... in 2009 I went to the beach, here in Buenos Aires, a different story, so calm and relaxing,
Lots of love
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Cohort

Florida
Kindergarten Teacher
That's one reason we like to cruise. Luckily, we are just a few hours from all the major cruise ports in Florida. Once I'm aboard the ship, I really can relax. But, driving trips tire me out- I just don't understand how sitting in a car for 8 hours and make me tired.
And I'm not talking about the motion of the car-that makes me sleepy, not tired.

Tags
feel, tired, vacation