A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 04-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Newcomer

Georgia
HELP. I need to interview an Early Childhood Teacher

I am attending an Early Childhood Education class in college and I am in need of a teacher to interivew! My assignment is due on Friday. Is there anyone who would be willing to answer some of my questions?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, Mariela03.

It's best not to post multiple threads in multiple places. Veterans of A to Z tend to check all the new threads across forums, using the "NEW:" tool at the top right of the page, under one's name.

I hope you find the help you seek.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Aficionado

OREGON
Sure, just post your questions and I will respond. I have a BS in
ECE from Oregon State University.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Newcomer

Georgia
Interview questions

Thank you! Thank you! This really helps! Im very sorry if this seems a little lengthy. Here are the questions:

name of person interviewed:
his/her profession (job title) and place of employment:

-What is your job like?
-A typical day?
- What do you do? What are the duties/functions/responsibilities of your job?
- What kinds of problems do you deal with?
-How did you get your job?
-What are the various jobs in this field or organization?
-Do you find your job exciting or boring? Why?
-What sorts of changes are occurring in your occupation?
- What are the major qualifications for success in this occupation?
-How would you describe the working atmosphere and the people with whom you work?
-If your job progresses as you like, what would be the next step in your career?
-If your work were suddenly eliminated, what kinds of work do you feel prepared to do?
-What are the major frustrations of this job?
-What entry level jobs are best for learning as much as possible?
-What kinds of experience, paid or unpaid, would you encourage for anybody pursuing a career in this field?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Aficionado

OREGON
I am going to send the answers via PM, as I will give you my name.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Companion

I would love to hear some of those answers as this is my first year teaching..would you mind pm me..I dont need you name..

thanks

Rose
Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Aficionado

OREGON
I have edited out some information.
his/her profession (job title) and place of employment:
I AM PRESENTLY UNEMPLOYED, BUT MY LAST JOB WAS AS DIRECTOR OF a CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER, A CHRISTIAN DAY CARE
-What is your job like?
-A typical day? I WORK FROM 9:30 TO 6:30
- What do you do? What are the duties/functions/responsibilities of your job? SUPERVISE CHILD CARE STAFF, PLAN AND SUPERVISE CURRIUCLUM, BILL AND COLLECT TUITION, MANAGE USDA FOOD PROGRAM, PLAN MENUS, PREPARE AND ORDER FOOD, SUPPLIES, AND EQUIPMENT, MEET WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, I HANDLE ALL MY OWN PAPERWORK, TYPEING, ETC. CREATE REPORTS FOR USDA, BOARD OF DIRECTORS. I TAKE CARE OF LICENSING THE CENTER, HAVING THE FIRE MARSHALL AND SANITATION INSPECTION. I KEEP ALL RECORDS UP TO DATE ON ALL CHILDREN. I HANDLE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS, AND ENROLLMENT FORMS. I PAY ALL THE BILLS, KEEP RECORDS ON QUICK BOOKS, MAKE BANK DEPOSITS. I ALSO EVALUATE STAFF, CREATE BUDGETS, MONITOR BUDGETS, RECOMMEND RAISES.
- What kinds of problems do you deal with? STAFF SUPERVISON, STAFFING ISSUES, STAFF TERMINATIONS, BUDGET ISSUES, CHILD BEHAVIOR ISSUES, PARENT PROBLEMS, FACILITY ISSUES LIKE AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING ISSUES. THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS KEEPING ENROLLMENT UP
-How did you get your job? I ANSWERED AN AD ON CRAIG'S LIST, INTERVIWED AND NEGOCIATED
-What are the various jobs in this field or organization? CHILD CARE TEACHER, ASSISTANT TEACHER, COOK, DIRECTOR
-Do you find your job exciting or boring? Why? EXCITING, AS EVERY DAY BRINGS DIFFERENT ISSUES
-What sorts of changes are occurring in your occupation? DUE TO THE ECONOMY, FAMILIES ARE FINDING ALTERNATIVES TO CHILD CARE PROGRAMS, AND ENROLLMENT IS DROPPING. IT IS EXCITING TO SEE THE QUALITY OF CHILD CARE INCREASE IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.
- What are the major qualifications for success in this occupation? PATIENCE, UNDERSTANDING OF DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE PRACTICE, AND ABILTIY TO APPLY THEORY
-How would you describe the working atmosphere and the people with whom you work? A GROUP OF DEDICATED INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT CHILDREN TO SUCEED.
-If your job progresses as you like, what would be the next step in your career? RETIREMENT
-If your work were suddenly eliminated, what kinds of work do you feel prepared to do? I AM PRESENTLY UNEMPLOYED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT, A RESULT OF THE ECONOMY. I FEEL I AM PREPARED TO RUN AN OFFICE OR A PROJECT TYPE OF WORK. I AM SEEKING POSITIONS DEALING WITH MANAGMENT. SINCE I HAVE TRAINED STAFF, I AM ALSO SEEKING ADULT EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES.
-What are the major frustrations of this job? LOW SALARIES
-What entry level jobs are best for learning as much as possible? TEACHER ASSISTANT, AS ON THE JOB TRAINING IS A GREAT WAY TO LEARN WHAT YOU LIKE AND WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE
-What kinds of experience, paid or unpaid, would you encourage for anybody pursuing a career in this field? ANY TYPE OF WORK WITH CHILDREN PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES TO OBSERVE THE MANY METHODS FOR HANDLING ANY ISSUES. SPECIFICALLY, A SCHOOL SETTING, SUNDAY SCHOOL, LIBRARY, RECRATION PROGRAM, SWIM LESSONS, SOCCOR COACH, ETC.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. OF, IF THE ANSWERS ARE NOT LONG ENOUGH, LET ME KNOW.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Companion

Thanks Old Teacher

Rose

Tags
childhood, early, interview, teacher