A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Rookie

Las Vegas
teslcafe.com
HELP!! Praxis II PLT 7-12

Quote:
Principles of Learning and Teaching Preparation
Attacking the Constructed Response Questions

Examples of Questions

The following questions are taken for the Principles of Learning and Teaching Test at a Glance booklets.

Question One

Explain TWO specific actions Ms. Mercer might take to connect school and Sara’s home environment for the benefit of Sara’s learning. Explain, basing your response on principles of human development and of fostering positive relationships with family to support student learning and well-being.

Question Two

Review the pre-observation notes in which Ms. Mercer explains the purposes of first grade as she sees them. Explain TWO additional purposes the mentor might suggest to Ms. Mercer that might motivate Sara and other students to become more engaged. For each purpose, explain how Ms. Mercer might modify her instruction to better meet the needs of Sara and other students. Base your response on principles of motivation and learning theory.

Question Three

In the introduction to the lesson to be observed, Mr. Payton briefly mentions the modifications he has or has not made for some students. Review his comments about modifications for Jimmy and Burns. For each of these two students, explain ONE different way he might have provided a modification to offer a better learning situation for each. Base your response on principles of varied instruction for different kinds of learners.

Strategy for Answering These Questions

1. Read the questions to the case FIRST.
2. As you read the case, annotate it by circling, underlining, and writing brief notes in the margins.
3. When you finish reading the case, re-read the question and outline the answer’s structure.

An example of an outline:

(a) Action One
(1) Example
(2) Explanation
(b) Action Two
(1) Example
(2) Explanation

4. Refer back to the case (using the annotations as a guide) to find the specific case information to answer the questions. Remember, the questions should be answered in terms of the case.
5. Be sure ALL parts of the outline are completed when you finish.
6. Your answer should be brief but substantive. It should complete the outline providing the information requested.
My questions is How am i suppose to find an ACTION?
What they meant by action?
There are some key words that i don't really get.

if they asks Give TWO action which is typical adolescence behavior?

Indeed, what are the typical adolescence's Behaviors ?

I ll be asking question on this thread. For know please answer my questions.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Have you looked at the Praxis Web site for information about this test? The questions here are taken - incompletely - from material that's there. Go to http://www.ets.org/praxis. In the middle of the page, under "For Test Takers", you should see a link for "Prepare for a Test": click on that. Use the dropdown menu to find your test (which is, I believe, 0524), then click on "Test at a Glance"; this will open a new window, and one of the choices on the left side of the window should be "Sample Test Questions".

To learn more about typical adolescent behavior, try using the term "typical adolescent behavior" as a search time with Google. For a quick overview of adolescence, try this: http://www.answers.com/topic/adolescence.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Rookie

Las Vegas
teslcafe.com
thank you teachergroupie for links . I took this test twice i got almost full points from multiple-choice questions. but case studies are just awful.

I need only 7 more raw points to pass which is another 3.5 constructed-response questions..

I know all the theories and theorist but alas i don't know how to answer the questions with theories and theorists...

I don't really get how to pick the key Action/Strength/weakness from the case.

I'm going to take the PLT on April 25th. I have to pass this time otherwise my license will be lapsed.

please tell your experiences that might helpful for me.

thanks..
Old 03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Have you got colleagues who have passed this thing? Your best bet might be to find someone to help you where you are - for constructed response questions, it can be vital to get feedback on one's answers (and that's where working out of a prep book tends to come up short).
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Rookie

Las Vegas
teslcafe.com
You are right i gotta find somebody who might help me out.

Thanks again..

Tags
712, plt, praxis