A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Connoisseur

NE Illinois
Elementary Teacher
Application Question... zeroing in on the right area of education

Well, I'm hitting the on-line applications hard. (Year TWO)

And what keeps going through my head is that old line..."If you always DO what you always did, you'll always GET what you always got."I could cut and paste last year's answers in to each application again.... but it didn't get me the job last year, why would it THIS year?

So... reworking the answers.

The question is: How would you address a wide range of skills in your classroom? OR this version: How would you address a wide range of skills and abilities in your classroom?

In a word... what topic is this covering?

Integration (skills from different areas...math, reading, writing, technology, etc. crossing the curriculum)

Differentiation (different levels of within the same class)

Something else?

I like my answer...but again...I didn't get the interviews and jobs with it - it's not going to get them THIS year either.

Thanks for your input!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Comrade

USA
Just a couple of thoughts...

You could talk about how you meet each student where they are when they come to you then take them as far as they can go during the year with you

Mention something about assessment to inform your instruction or flexible grouping so students that are struggling with a specific skill can be retaught.

I know how you feel I feel like everyone says the same answers to those questions and a really good answer could get you noticed.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Companion

Substitute Teacher and Job Seeker
Perhaps you can address the fact that a wide range of skills covers numerous areas in one classroom. For example:

Since a wide range of skills can cover learning areas such as: math, reading, and technology, differentiation, learning styles, and the background of every student, I make sure I tailor my lessons accordingly. As an example, when working with differentiation I ________. Also, I incorporate skills in math and technology in my lessons by _________.

Tags
application, area, education, question, zeroing