A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Companion

New Jersey
High School Math
Lockable Cabinet

I have all my materials in 3 ring binders. Probably a total of 12 binders (1 per marking period for 3 courses). I want to be able to lock up these materials so that weekend guests to our classroom cannot access my materials. I have been storing these in drawers of a filing cabinet, but my I have filled up my file drawers and need to spill over into the drawers currently housing my binders.

Any ideas where to find some sort of locking cabinet (where I could place the binders on shelves) or locking drawer unit that is not SUPER expensive. When I look in office supply stores they are usually over $150.....

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Cohort

Arkansas
Elementary
Have you checked with Wal-Mart and do you have a Big Lots? Office supply stores are usually more expensive.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

SoCal
High School English Teacher
I had a low cabinet made by Sterilite, I think, when I shared a classroom several years back. (It's out in the yard now.) It's heavy-duty plastic and I locked it with a padlock. Look at Target, Wal-Mart, or the home improvement centers for something like that - it was only around $50, I think. Target has a full-height one on the website for $99, so if you've got the room, that would give you plenty of storage space.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Habitué

Missouri
We have an office surplus center near us that our district gets all kinds of office furniture. I don't know if there is one near you, but you may want to ask around to check. They get filing cabinets for $10, office chairs, etc.

Tags
cabinet, lockable