A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Rookie

NJ
1st Grade Teacher
resume on 2 pages?

What do you do when your resume is two pages long? I've heard that it is not good to print it double-sided. Do you staple it? Do you just hand in the two sheets together? If yes, then how do you makes sure the two sheets stay together? I have a job fair in a few days so would like to figure out the best way to print out my resume.

THANKS!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Fanatic

PA
5th grade teacher
Mine is two pages and when I was applying for jobs I would just mail/hand out the two pages next to each other but not clipped or stapled. I also wouldn't print it double sided. I suppose half could get lost, but then again, so could a single page resume so it's nothing I worried about.

Good luck at the job fair :-).
Old 02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Companion

I staple mine together. I wouldn't put the second page on the backside.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMar View Post
Mine is two pages and when I was applying for jobs I would just mail/hand out the two pages next to each other but not clipped or stapled. I also wouldn't print it double sided. I suppose half could get lost, but then again, so could a single page resume so it's nothing I worried about.

Good luck at the job fair :-).
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
Wait, you're student teaching?

Unless you're a career changer, I say get it onto one page. Two pages will look like you're padding too much.

My last resume was a page and a half. I had 20 years of teaching experience, including about 6 as department chair.

The two resumes before that (entering the profession and after 7 years) were single page resumes.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Rookie

NJ
1st Grade Teacher
I have my resume posted in another thread I made(resume help) I dont really know what I would take out of it to make it only one page, its basically two full pages long. If you wanna look at it and tell me if you have any advice that would be great!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Companion

Georgia
Pre-K Teacher
I don't have any teaching experience yet either and mine is one and a half pages long. I have worked in the school system before though. At the last job fair I was at I noticed that most people that had two page resumes had them stapled. I have my resume along with my test scores, reference letters and transcripts all put together in a nice presentation folder.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Habitué

USA
Middle School ELA (6th grade)
I am also looking for resume help. A friend of mine sent me her resume and it was front and back-sided.

I read on a resume-help message board to copy the two pages side-by-side onto 11 x 17 paper, then fold it in half and put a nice-looking front on it (name, contact information). Personally, I think that's silly and cumbersome for the people looking through all the resumes.

Anyone else ever heard of this idea? Used it?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Companion

Georgia
Pre-K Teacher
I have never heard of doing that. I would think it would be easier for the people looking at resumes to just have it stapled rather than having to open up a folded sheet of paper to get to your resume.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Multitudinous

Texas
DO NOT print it out front and back. I have heard too many people say that it doesn't get looked at.

I put my cover letter, resume, philosophy, copy of certification in a nice presentation folder like another poster mentioned. If you are just handing out resumes, I would suggest stapling them together.

Tags
pages, resume