A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Early Childhood Education Archives

Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Rookie

job chart

I'm looking for some new jobs for my job chart. We have a line leader, door holder, weather monitor, calendar teacher, schedule monitor, light monitor and job chart helper. I plan to create a job where the child helps keep the classroom neat (helps dust sweep, etc.) but I need name for it and I'm looking for some other jobs. Thank you!

Old 11-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Cohort

Southwest Missouri
Other than the jobs you already mentioned, I also included on my job chart the following helpers: chart helper, trash collector, cubby monitor, book helper, 2 milk helpers, library helper, messenger, snack helper, caboose (last person in line--turns off lights), paper helper, alternate, etc. I had one job for each child in my room. We changed jobs every Monday.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:53 PM

Florida
You could have sweeper, pet helper, board cleaner, duster, desk checker, door holder, errands, line leader, plant waterer, book distributor, paper collector, dress code checker, date poster, pledge leader .....
Old 11-30-2004, 09:35 PM

Illinois
Preschool Teacher
When I student taught in 2nd grade, we had someone who gaves "clues" forl ining up at the end of the day (Anyone in Boy Scouts can line up. Anyone wearing green can line up. etc.) This person was usually our desk/floor neatness checker(they only rarely had to do anything, so we gave them an additional responsibility), but the kids LOVED having this job.

You might also do someone who's in charge of sharpening pencils in the morning.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Devotee

Nevada
2nd Grade Teacher
We use many of the same jobs listed above. We call our 2-3 students whose job it is to keep the room clean the "grounds crew" This is my student teaching placement, and I thought that was a great name that my master teacher came up with for that job. She also has a "courier" who runs any errands that need to be run, and because we have 9 computers in our room, she has a "Mac Master" who keeps the computer area tidy.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:29 AM
Rookie

Ohio
I think the job titile you are looking for is the "Clean -Up Captain". This child checks each center to make sure it is nice and tidy at the end of centers, will empty the trash as needed etc. We also have a "Hand Stamper", someone who puts a stamp on each persons right hand so we know which hand goes on our heart to say the pledge. Which leads to "Flag Holder". This year it was necessary to add a " Table Time Helper", since it somehow became a big deal to sit next to the teacher. This child will help to pass out glue, scissors etc. as well as have the privlidge to sit next to the teacher. We have our students rotate jobs each week to give everyone a turn.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Comrade

North Dakota
Kindergarten
I use many of the same jobs one change I made this year that has been great has been changing jobs at the end of the day on Monday. So they start their new job on Tues of each week so when they come in on Monday they are familiar with what to do.

Tags
chart, job