A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Novice

Indiana
1st Grade Teacher
Christmas Bulletin Board

I was looking for some new and creative Christmas bulletin board ideas. I LOVE doing bulletin boards and I try to do something different every year. Does anyone have any cool ideas? It could even be something for winter that could stay up past Christmas. So far, I think I am going to make a fireplace and have the students decorate construction paper stockings and write why they love the holidays. Then I will title it "Hung by the chimney with care." I have another place in the hall where I can put another bulletin board though.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Habitué

Tennessee
Kindergarten Teacher
That sounds great! I am sending home gingerbread men for the kids to decorate with their families. These will stay up until Christmas break and then we will focus on snowmen and snow pictures. You can mix shaving cream with glue to make puffy snow for painting.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Novice

I saw a cute one I am going to do this year.... in the middle it said "Bright wishes for the new year" and all around the edges were big construction paper christmas lights with the kids new years wishes on them. Then you just draw the wire part on with magic marker.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Companion

Special Education Teacher
My favorite Christmas bulletin board is one that families help me with. I send home a paper that says " A ____________ Family Tradition" and lines on the bottom half. The families put their last name on the line and then write about and illustrate about a tradition that they have. This way it covers all holidays; some families even talk about other events through the year. When it comes back I put it on construction paper and put it on the bulletin board to look like a quilt. If I have time, I make little bows out of yarn and staple them in the corners of the papers so it really looks like a quilt.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Connoisseur

Connecticut
Kindergarten Teacher
Snowmen/snow and penguins are always good to stay up past Christmas. You could do sequencing of making a snowman, something weather related, or even something about colder weather habitats. Good luck!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsmom View Post
That sounds great! I am sending home gingerbread men for the kids to decorate with their families. These will stay up until Christmas break and then we will focus on snowmen and snow pictures. You can mix shaving cream with glue to make puffy snow for painting.
Add glitter too.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Illinois
5th Grade Teacher
Cozy Up With a Good Book

I put up a bulletin board called "Cozy Up With A Good Book" - it's laminated book covers with snowflakes that the kids made and cutouts of steaming hot cocoa cups and mittens. Very cute. Stays up until February.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Cohort

Midwest
Computer Teacher
All of your ideas are so great. I wish sometimes that I were in a regular classroom to do some of those fun things. Very few people come into the computer lab, so I have a very simple bulletin board that gets a lot of groans from the middle schoolers! Black paper background with a red circle in the middle with the headline "Rudolph at Night".
Old 11-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Way down south in Dixie!
Was PreK SPE, now HS SPE.
I did penguins... "It's Snow Secret... Preschool is Cool!"
Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Rookie

East Tenn Mountains
I had an idea the other day of doing one that is called "The Shapes and Colors of Winter and Christmas". Using circles, squares, triangles and other shapes to make snowmen, trees, houses, packages and the rest of the things that make up the season. All of these would be done in seasonal colors and the colors and shapes would be word wall words.

Blessings to all,
Don

Tags
board, bulletin, christmas