A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
handwriting lines font

Anyone know where I can download a 'handwriting lines' font? I'm looking for the kind of lines that are two solid lines with a dashed line in between (kind of looks like a road!)...I don't want letters, only the lines....

Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
If you have font with the letters, there is usually a button that will give you the plain lines, ours is a slash mark, one program uses left \ and one uses right /
This will give you a page of lined paper: http://www.mymoondrops.com/spelling/spelling.pl?word=

Here is the page to type words or letters to trace for anyone else looking: http://www.mymoondrops.com/info/spelling.html
Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Thanks Tasha, but I just want the lines, not words on the lines for tracing. I know how to make plain lines to write on: ___________, but don't know how to make the handwriting lines I'm looking for...
Old 10-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Cohort

California
5th Grade Teacher
So are you just looking for handwriting paper? Or are you trying to make worksheets with the lines in certain places only?

__________________________________________________ _____________

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

__________________________________________________ ______________

I just make my own using the dash mark. Or you can download actual paper here: http://donnayoung.org/penmanship/handwriting-paper.htm
Old 10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Aficionado

North Carolina
4th Grade Teacher
CzaCza,
All you need is a standard handwriting font (such a d'Nealian or Zanzer.) Instead of typing any words or letters, press the space key, and the lines will magically appear across your document. You use your font size to make them smaller or bigger. It is really easy to do it this way in a Word or WordPerfect document, because you just switch fonts, and you don't have to worry about inserting "graphics."
Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenar View Post
So are you just looking for handwriting paper? Or are you trying to make worksheets with the lines in certain places only?

__________________________________________________ _____________

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

__________________________________________________ ______________

I just make my own using the dash mark. Or you can download actual paper here: http://donnayoung.org/penmanship/handwriting-paper.htm
Cool- I didn't think of making it on my own using dashes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainStorm View Post
CzaCza,
All you need is a standard handwriting font (such a d'Nealian or Zanzer.) Instead of typing any words or letters, press the space key, and the lines will magically appear across your document. You use your font size to make them smaller or bigger. It is really easy to do it this way in a Word or WordPerfect document, because you just switch fonts, and you don't have to worry about inserting "graphics."
Thanks for the info- I'll play around with it!! I'm making a booklet for science vocab. A teacher at a workshop I was at Friday had made one and I'm redesigning it for my class.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by czacza View Post
Thanks Tasha, but I just want the lines, not words on the lines for tracing. I know how to make plain lines to write on: ___________, but don't know how to make the handwriting lines I'm looking for...
The first link has only lines on the page. Here it is again: http://www.mymoondrops.com/spelling/spelling.pl?word=

Tags
font, handwriting, lines