A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Cohort

6th Grade Language Arts
fall/october bulletin board ideas...

any good ideas for fall or october/november bulletin boards? i was going to do a halloween one, but then i felt that by the time i get the project done and up on the board, i'd have to take it down! any ideas that are just based on fall? thanks~

Old 10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Devotee

Somewhere in the South
k-5th and special ed sub
(1)A Bushel of Fun - Use a bushel basket drawing on the bulletin board and fill it with goods from the Fall harvest season (squash, pumpkins...) then change out items in basket as year progresses.

(2) Falling into Place (or Fall into Learning) - Autumn theme with a tree and different gold, red and brown shades of leaves falling to the ground, use students names if desired

(3) Nuts About School - use acorn and squirrel graphics

(4) Hands Tree
Have your children use fall leave colors to press their hands in the shape of a treetop on a large piece of paper. Then add a trunk and hang on your bulletin board. >

(5)Acorn Tree
Draw a tree branch coming from one side of your bulletin board. Give each child and acorn and let her decorate it. Have the acorns and leaves both attached and falling from the branch. On the ground put squirrels with all the teachers' names. Use a title like "Crazy for our Acorns," "Nuts about Fall," "Look What's FALLing," etc
(6)The Leaf Mural
Enlarge and print leaf patterns for each of your children (use as many different patterns as you can find) let your children sponge paint the leaves in fall colors. Then put them on your bulletin board with the title "Welcome Fall" You can also put them in a tree shape with a few leaves falling down with the title "Falling into Autumn"
(7)Friendly Scarecrow
On your board create a large scarecrow (with hay or grass sticking out). Then give each of your children a precut bird shape. Let them decorate their bird however they want. Then put all of their crows around the scarecrow.
(8)Leaves Bulletin Boards
Submitted by Cindy
If you have access to a die cut of a leaf shape. Take the children picture and run it through the die cut. Then put a bare tree made out of construction paper and put it the middle of your bulletin board. Place the die cut pictures randomly falling from the tree. Use a header like "FALLING FOR (classname) KIDS"

I am not very creative, but I found these online for you. Hope something helps.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Novice

New Jersey
Kindergarten Teacher
I think mandagap06 pretty much covered it, but I'm trying to be more creative with my bulletin board this year. What I've done so far is in September I had a Nuts About kindergarten board. I made a tree branch with brown bulletin paper and had all the kids make an acorn craft that I hung on the branch.
For Halloween I used purple BB paper and I made a giant web on the board with black yarn, and my class is making spiders to put on it.
I think for november I'm going to make a big turkey and let the kids do hand prints with paint right onto the board. The same idea could be used with a big tree and the hand prints as leaves.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Connoisseur

Swamp Country
2nd Grade Teacher
I was thinking about the Nuts about ____________. I did this with squirrels and acorns before. I traced the acorns with brown yarn to make it look more 3-D. I used pecans to write the words Nuts about ______.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Devotee

Somewhere in the South
k-5th and special ed sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwag14 View Post
I think mandagap06 pretty much covered it, but I'm trying to be more creative with my bulletin board this year. What I've done so far is in September I had a Nuts About kindergarten board. I made a tree branch with brown bulletin paper and had all the kids make an acorn craft that I hung on the branch.
For Halloween I used purple BB paper and I made a giant web on the board with black yarn, and my class is making spiders to put on it.
I think for november I'm going to make a big turkey and let the kids do hand prints with paint right onto the board. The same idea could be used with a big tree and the hand prints as leaves.
Sorry to take all your ideas! Rember now that I got them online not from my brain haha!!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Phenom

Northern CA
5th Grade
I like to do a 'Dead Words' board. We brainstorm overused words and create headstones for them-the word at the top, and synonyms that are juicer under the original word. I also put bats all over the top (the sky), with synonyms for 'said' on them. So it's a giant cemetary. Here's a picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Challeng...10300560999874
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Devotee

Florida
combo K/1st
I like my boards to be children made as much as possible. I used a large scarecrow pattern (one you attach the head, arms & legs with paper brads). We have 2 scarecrows. The children chose the parts they wanted to decorate, then we put them together & hung on the board. They then painted small paper plates orange. Once dry they decorated their pumpkins to place around the scarecrows in the pumpkin patch. We first discussed pumpkins, vines, stem, etc., as well as ideas for types of "faces". One made his a lion, another made a girl with long hair. Another child wanted to add a couple of birds so used paint, feathers, etc. to make those. One sits on the hat of one scarecrow, one sits on the arm of the other scarecrow. They did get creative and it turned out really cute!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Habitué

Indiana
We are doing a grade-level bb to go w/ the election. We used a bald eagle head, wings, and feet, around the edges of an oval shaped piece of writing paper. We are prompting w/ "A good president should..." but you could also use something like "A president is important because..." You can get some cheap 4th of July tablecloths for a background.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Phenom

Nebraska
ELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I like to do a 'Dead Words' board. We brainstorm overused words and create headstones for them-the word at the top, and synonyms that are juicer under the original word. I also put bats all over the top (the sky), with synonyms for 'said' on them. So it's a giant cemetary. Here's a picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Challeng...10300560999874
I have done this in the past. RIP SAID, survived by whispered, cried, shouted, wondered, and stated. The board looks really great when you add batty words as well. Each student cuts out a shape of a flying bat and writes one word they think is crazy or funny. It must be a real word that they can look up and define though.

Tags
board, bulletin, fall or october, ideas