A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Special Education

Old 09-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Novice

Southern California
Special Education Teacher
General Education Teacher Input Form?

I am wondering if anybody has a template or sample of a general education teacher input form? I had one once upon a time in my old school/district and I would give it to the general ed. teacher about a week or so before the IEP and then use that info as I was making my goals and writing the IEP. It was handy because it was often hard to talk to the teachers in person at length about this, due to schedules and being busy, etc. and this way they could fill it out at their leisure and turn it in to me. The one I had addressed academic achievement, behaviors, social/emotional, student strengths, etc. Anyway, I assumed most districts used something like this, and therefore did not take a copy with me when I left.
I left teaching for two years to finish my credential and masters and to help my ailing dad with his small business. I am now back to teaching in another Resource classroom, but in a new school and district. I've been overwhelmed with having to prepare for an IEP in 2 days, and today was my first day! I've had several other frustrations that come with being new and starting late and not having any real support. I've also heard it's hard to pin down the teachers to talk and that I should just e-mail them. Well, I would prefer to give them an input form to fill out, as I used to do. However, when I asked, was told that this district doesn't have anything like that and that I should just "interview" the teacher! Easier said than done! So, I figured I would try here because I've gotten such great advice and support from my fellow SPED teachers! If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on one to use for my elementary gen. ed. teachers, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Companion

Sorry I couldnt help with a blank form or template, hope you were able to get feedback. More importantly...how did your IEP go?? I think you had said it was today? Hope everything went smoothly!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Novice

Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by drapes330 View Post
Sorry I couldnt help with a blank form or template, hope you were able to get feedback. More importantly...how did your IEP go?? I think you had said it was today? Hope everything went smoothly!
Thanks Drapes-Sending you a pm with details!
Also...I couldn't believe nobody replied to this! I really thought I'd get input on this! I guess I was the only one to ever use one of these forms before! I'd love to know what everyone else uses for input from their teachers before IEP's, if they don't use one of these!
Thanks again for at least answering Drapes!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
I know the speech teacher gave me something on my lil one that went to her for his IEP meeting. But I didn't keep a copy of it so I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

How did your IEP meeting go?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Novice

Southern California
Hey STG! Hope things are good with you! Yes, the Speech teacher's form that you got is just what I'm talking about! I know it's common to use these, but just don't have the one I used to use in my old district and am trying to get another one to use this year with these new teachers. Thanks for at least letting me know your thoughts on this!
My IEP went ok. It was over 2 hours long and I was a bit confused about many things like how they do things at the district in regards to the forms, etc. They also bring a laptop to the meeting and then print the forms at the end! I'm sooo not used to that! We used to print out the IEP and bring that to the meeting. I am NOT a techie type and really struggling with this part of things! I'm still a bit lost, but feel good that my first IEP went well overall and it is one down and 20 something to go!!

Let me know how you are and thanks for checking in with me! The support still means a lot, as I am still not feeling super confident yet!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
I know the form she gave me was a very simple one, asking questions regarding his progress in class with yes or no answers. Things are going okay. I'm feeling down because I can't find a job to save my life! But I'm glad that everything seems to be going well for you. It might take some time to get used to the new district/school and how they do things, but you will get it before you know it!!! As far as the laptop is concerned, do you think you could experiment with it before the next IEP meeting?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Novice

California
Hey! I know that my school uses them but my first week was a bit crazy. I promise I am going to find the form and scan it as soon as I have a chance. We have our district validation team meeting on Monday (where the district comes to check in on all our sped paper work) should be fun since I have only been there for one week and I have no idea how they do stuff in the school yet. I'll PM you with it soon. Have a wonderful first week with the kids.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Novice

Southern California
Thank you for remembering! I have my second IEP next week! Two in two weeks! Yay for me! Have a great week and send it when you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachinLA View Post
Hey! I know that my school uses them but my first week was a bit crazy. I promise I am going to find the form and scan it as soon as I have a chance. We have our district validation team meeting on Monday (where the district comes to check in on all our sped paper work) should be fun since I have only been there for one week and I have no idea how they do stuff in the school yet. I'll PM you with it soon. Have a wonderful first week with the kids.

Tags
education, form, general, input, teacher