A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 09-01-2004, 05:25 PM
ash5558

Wink Mentor Teacher Gift

I am currently a student teacher and will be graduating soon. My mentor teacher has been extremely helpful and I would like to get her a gift to Thank her for all of her generosity. If you have any good gift ideas that I could get her please let me know. Thank you!

Old 09-01-2004, 05:34 PM

Illinois
Preschool Teacher
I want to the Hallmark store and got my CT a figurine that I knew she'd appreciate (she's a Snoopy fan, and we always joked about needing naptime in the middle of the day, so I got her a Snoopy with a saying about needing a nap...) She loved it and it showed her how much I really valued our friendship that I really paid attention to our little conversations. I also bought a book for the class library that I knew would be timely for her lesson plans... (I'd also written a small note to each of my kids that they absolutely loved, trying to find at least 1-2 ways they were special and things I enjoyed about them).

I finished my student teaching overseas, and I went back to visit when I got back since they were still in school... I brought her another small gift from my travels (as well as the other 2nd grade teacher).

Don't know if that gives you any ideas or not, but thought I'd share.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Connoisseur
love2teach has a birthday It's my birthday! love2teach has a birthday

When I student taught, I got the teachers from both of my placements gifts for the classroom. Our college actually tells us not to get gifts because they know money for college students is usually tight....,.regardless of that, it was something that I wanted to do. in my K room I bought some much needed rainy day board games...the ones they had were falling apart! And in the 5th grade room I was in, I bought some books by an author that we studied together. In both cases the kids loved them...and they are things that the teachers can use for years to come!

I also wrote nice thankyou cards to both teachers letting them know what a great job they did.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Phenom

Midwest
I got my mentor a basket thing from Bath & Body Works...she had stresses in her life besides being my mentor!!! She loved it. It came with bubble bath, candle & cd. It was sleep or something like that.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Maven

U.S.A.
Preschool Teacher
I have been given a few different things through the years. One was a pretty candy dish and a special "stamper" to use for my kids...it is still a favorite...and another gift was a basket of flowers for outdoor planting in my garden...and frog bubble blower to use with my kids!!! The cards were always the best part for me...
Old 09-27-2004, 04:01 AM
aqua

theres a really good place to get gifts called www.aquascutumgifts.com. check it out. its got lots of different things!

Tags
gift, mentor, teacher