A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > First Grade

Old 08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Rookie

IL
Kindergarten Teacher
Cute Birthday board ideas

Anyone have a cute birthday board ideas or cute sayings to display on the board?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Companion

Texas
1st grade/Reading Recovery split
Last year I had a frog theme so around my birthday cards I put "Hoppy Birthday". Kinda backfired, since when they wanted to write Happy, they put an o in it! ha! (just for the beginning of the year)
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Comrade

PA
2nd Grade Teacher
one of my team members gets 12 really cute b day gift bags, open them up and stuffs them with tissue. She then staples a cute cut out to each with the names and dates of the months b day kids. She staples the opened bags right to the bull. board.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Companion

Texas
1st grade/Reading Recovery split
Super cute! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHunny View Post
one of my team members gets 12 really cute b day gift bags, open them up and stuffs them with tissue. She then staples a cute cut out to each with the names and dates of the months b day kids. She staples the opened bags right to the bull. board.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Cohort

I use balloons and make a balloon bouquet on the wall. I have a sign above that says "Class Birthdays" and I write a month on each balloon. Then underneath the month I write students' names and their birthdate in that month. I tape a piece of yarn to the back of each balloon, staple each balloon up to make a fun shaped bouquet, and then I gather all the yarn and tie it in a loose knot at the bottom.

I got this idea from my mom and she used to have a cute clown or animal holding the balloons each year, but I don't have enough wall space to do that, so I only use the balloons.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Maryland
1st Grade Teacher
I buy a mini pad of birthday cakes or cupcakes (usually Carson and Dellosa) and write each child's name and birthday on it. I make it into a horizontal pictograph with the months of the year vertically on the left and the cakes horizontally across. At the end of the year they happily take home their cake piece of paper.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Novice

Washington State
1st Grade Teacher
I don't have room on my walls for a birthday board :0( I have a small classroom, and I use my walls for whatever contant we are working on presently (not for things that are all year long- except our classroom agreements/rules). I have a birthday book, which students can use in their reading bags.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Aficionado

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

I just did a birthday board. It's not straight, but I will even it out before school starts.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Comrade

in the summer sun
1st Grade Teacher
Last year, I made balloon cutouts out of construction paper, wrote out the kiddos' names and bdays (one on each) and taped them to a glittery pencil. I stuck them into the green foam stuff they use for flower arrangements. On the bday the student gets to take their balloon (with the pencil) home. Towards the end of the year, it starts to look kind of sparse. I think I may do the balloon bunch on the wall like a previous poster said. That way it isn't attached to anything they take right then, they can have it at the end of the year.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Novice

England
2nd Grade Teacher
When I taught reception ...children aged 4 to 5 I created a giant caterpillar on the wall with each segment of the body a month of the year. When it was someones birthday they could choose a berry or a leaf etc with their name on and put it on the caterpillars body for that month...they loved feeding their birthdays to the caterpillar.

Tags
birthday, board, cute, ideas