A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 08-20-2004, 03:33 PM

Louisiana
4th Grade Teacher
At Schoolaids they have Mahvelous tape (not sure of spelling). It is fantastic. It holds to wood, plastic, glass, brick, anything. I love it!

Old 08-20-2004, 03:37 PM

Louisiana
4th Grade Teacher
Ok, I knew I spelled it wrong. Here's the info from schoolaids:
mavalus tape!
Made with superior adhesives, mavalus tape sticks where traditional temporary adhesives fail! Great for holding posters on wals and is removable from most surfaces. Mavalus even sticks to most brick and damp cinder blocks! 3 rolls of 1"x360' mavalus.
Grade Level:
Item Number: MAV301
Price: $7.99
Old 08-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Valarie

Big Smile Never-fail Stick to Cinderblock Walls

I use a LOW-TEMP glue gun to stick everything up. I've got all my stuff laminated, so when the posters are taken down, the glue peels off the back easily. It also peels off the cinderblock walls easily when you want it to, but sticks until you decide you want to take stuff down.

Be sure you're not using the hot temp glue sticks and gun. They'l stick to the wall and your stuff forever, and if you try to get it off the wall, you're looking at paint being ripped off too. The hot temp glue gun is also much more likely to burn you, and to melt the lamination on your stuff.

Valarie
DMS
Old 08-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Rookie

MO
Have you tried using velcro strips? You can buy small pieces of velcro that stick to your wall and then to the back of your posters. Mine have held up nicely so far!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Novice

Alabama
glue gun

a teacher down the hall let me borrow her glue gun to glue stuff on the walls, she told me it was a low temp glue gun. The LAST poster I put up glue oozed out from the top, so I took my finger to push it back up. BIG MISTAKE! This was a HIGH TEMP glue gun and I really burned my finger badly. I have already hot glued up everything in my room with this glue gun, will I have trouble getting it off the walls at the end of the school year? Any teachers out there who have done this? Will I spend all next summer repainting my room?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 PM

Way down south in Dixie!
Was PreK SPE, now HS SPE.
I BELIEVE IN MAVALOUS TAPE!!!! That is the best stuff!! I've gone thru 5 rolls I guess since last year putting stuff up out in the halls on the cinderblocks... in the room... everywhere. It is the only thing I've found that really works. I'm a big believer in duct tape, too, but I've had posters up with duct tape fall constantly. They only way it doesn't work is when the OLDER KIDS GO DOWN THE HALL TAKING IT OFF THE BACK OF MY POSTERS ON ONE CORNER!!! ARG!!!! Hmm... duct tape my fix their sticky fingers... JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!!!

Lori
Old 08-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Companion

Ohio
The key to using sticky tac is to mix two different brands together. After doing that it should work well for you on most any surface.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Fanatic

Michigan
So mix white & blue?
Old 08-21-2004, 08:02 AM

Louisiana
4th Grade Teacher
My co-teacher has a bowl with blue and yellow in it all mixed up. It works pretty well.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:20 AM
hhanson

Big Smile 2nd grade

I always put a piece of masking tape on the back of my posters and then put tacky tape or whatever on top of that. So when you take the tape off it doesn't damage the poster. Maybe this could help.

Tags
block, cinder, walls