A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Maven

Florida
Fifth Grade QUEST (Gifted) Teacher
Techie/Music Theme for my Classroom

Today, I was in the store and IT hit me- a rock star/iPod/digital native-themed classroom with a "Welcome to the jPod" bulletin board (with cutouts of iPods and headphones).

Even when I was in Borders today, I purchased a gorgeous mousepad that was all music-related. It is Paperchase brand. They also had three large erasers that I'll use as decorations, of of a cassette tape, a second of headphones, and the third of a stereo.

I really want to do something a little different with my classroom this year, though of course it's still Jasztalville and I have the town sign I painted two years ago. However, the theme is now shifting a bit! What can I do for sections of my classroom?

Rock on! Or shall I say peace out?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Maven

Florida
Does anyone want to help or have a cool thought? (Feels kind of sad and lonely...)
Old 07-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Novice

Florida
I think that is a very cute idea! Beth Newingham did something with rock n roll. Here is the link
http://hill.troy.k12.mi.us/staff/bnewingham/myweb3/

I'm not very creative unfortunately and can't come up with anything right now, but I will be thinking and let you know if I do!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Maven

Florida
Mrs. Newingham. I blurted out her name today while I was drinking Jamba Juice. My mind was racing to see if any teacher has done a music theme before, and I just randomly blurted out her name.

I think mine is going to be more along the lines of technological gadgets like iPods, though.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Novice

Florida
Sorry about the link, I tried it out and it takes you to a different page. But down the left hand side if you look for teacher resources and then there is another link for fun classroom themes. Click on that and it is the first one!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Novice

Florida
Isn't she amazing. She is like famous in the world of teaching. I can say that name to a teacher and they would be like Oh my gosh she is amazing. yet I say her name to my boyfriend and he's like huh!? Who!? I wish I could have time to do half the stuff she does. I find it amazing!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Maven

Florida
I wonder how many know about Mrs. Newingham at my school. Where in Florida do you teach? I'm in Brooksville.

I keep thinking of the Hard Rock Cafe (I could always have the Hard Rock Internet Cafe), iPods (maybe I can a few of the cases for them for decoration), and types of music in general.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Enthusiast

Starting to get Stressed!, CO
2nd Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Jasztal View Post
Does anyone want to help or have a cool thought? (Feels kind of sad and lonely...)
I want to help Ms.Jasztal but I feel so behind in my method of listening to music! I am still on the track of compact discs. Promise though I am asking for an I-Pod for my b-day and one of the little speaker centers you plug it into.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Fanatic

North Carolina
2nd grade teacher
It's funny you brought this theme up. Originally, my plan was to have a nighttime garden theme, but the more I thought about it, the more I hated it.

So, I decided to have an iPod theme (oddly, I came up with this idea the same day I completely destroyed my iPod - it got crushed in the electric seats of my car.)

Anyway, so far I've created a STAR binder (well, technically iPod binder cover), name plates, and classroom rules poster. I love this theme so much more than my old one I'm obsessed with anything Apple/iPod, and I can't believe I never thought of it. My slogan all year is going to be _______ ROCKS!! (5th grade, Reading, etc. etc)
Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Maven

Florida
That is hysterical!

I thought someone was going to say, "Get off the dang iPod already!"

By the way, I don't have one of my own.

Tags
classroom, techie or music, theme