A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 07-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Cohort

Midwest
Computer Teacher
Any fun ideas for Computer Lab?

I could use some fun new ideas to implement in my computer lab. There are only about 2 or 3 computer/technology bulletin board sets available through catalogs and very few other fun ideas that I can find online. What kinds of bulletin boards and wall decorations are used in your school computer lab?

Also any fun lessons that you (or the computer teacher at your school) do using technology for PreK thru grade 8 (but especially for PreK thru grade 2) would be helpful. I do a lot with Kidpix in the lower grades and don't want them to get bored with this. I'd love to add some new lessons to my collection.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

Starting to get Stressed!, CO
2nd Grade Teacher
I'm thinking of a world or U.S. map as a bulletin board and all of the possiblities that could go along with it. E-pals, studying animals from different habitats, children from around the worlds, webquests, classbooks, web scavenger hunt for info, older students writing a webquest for younger grades, etc.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Cohort

5th Grade Teacher
Sundrop! You will not believe this!! I just spent the last half hour or so searching for an idea for you,...one that I participated in last year and thought was so neat. Well, I found it and it turns out it was your idea all along!!! Sorry that I am not any help for you for THIS year, but I still think it was a great project!! How did it turn out?

This is what I started out typing!
Last year, there was a computer teacher who asked for us to mail e-mails to her which I think she was going to put up on a map for Open House.

Had to search a while, but here it is...hope it helps! I thought it was a neat project.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Cohort

Midwest
Computer Teacher
Love to Teach, thanks for looking for the idea and thanks for sending your email last summer. I had lots of responses from all over the US, Canada, and many other countries as well. It was on display in the commons area of our school and was lots of fun for parents and students to read. I hate to do the same thing again this year which is why I am trying to come up with some new ideas.

Mable, I love your idea of doing something with a map and relating activities to different parts of the world. I am going to start a list of ideas to go along with this. Last year, I did a Polar Express type of activity at Christmas with the first graders. We learned about Christmas in different countries and had a passport to stamp with each country. This would go along with your idea too.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Devotee

TN
1st Grade Teacher
My school's web site has some great links that you may be able to use. Go to:
http://www.ble.rcs.k12.tn.us/
Click on Technology and "Computer Lab Activities". There are activities listed by grade level.
You might check out some other school web sites for other ideas.

Tags
computer, fun, ideas, lab