A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Early Childhood Education Archives

Old 07-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Rookie

Maryland
Barnyard Theme for Classroom

I am a kindergarten teacher in need of some help. I am going with a brand new theme for my classroom this year and looking for ideas. I want to do a Barnyard theme. So far all I have is barnyard bulletin board with the kids names. I need more. I am looking for a catchy barnyard saying that welcomes the students in for my door, one for good work and maybe a place that anyone knows of that has more barnyard decorations for classrooms. Thanks in advance for you help.

Jessica

Old 07-25-2004, 04:12 PM

Florida
There is a cute barnyard game board for beginning sounds. It's cute and only 2.99. Just saw it in www.educationalaids.com catalog. There are a couple of felt board barnyard sets. I saw one at a teacher store and there might be one at Dollar Barn. WalMart may have farm animal foamies. Do you have a local agricultural board in your area? You could contact them.

How about:

All creatures great and small, Miss _____ welcomes you all maybe for your door or welcome BB.

Moo, oink, baaa the whole herd welcomes you back to school.

The barn door is open for ..... name the students.

You could re-phrase the words to Old MacDonald Had a Farm, too.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:51 PM
mommyof2

barnyard themed items

We had a barnyard party theme for my son's 4th birthday and many of the items we found would work for your classroom, too. They had a craft stick barn craft kit that would make the room look great. There is a barnyard mural which can cover one entire wall and even an 8" high barn with the plastic animals that would be fun for "tending the farm" playtime.

It may be fun to have a couple of bales of hay around the room, (if approved and no allergies) they can have some checkerboard covers on the top for seating areas during reading time...

They have other ideas too....http://www.reasontoparty.com

and I loved Upsadaisy's ideas for slogans!
Old 07-25-2004, 08:06 PM

Way down south in Dixie!
Was PreK SPE, now HS SPE.
http://bcmnc.blount.k12.al.us/farming_links.htm that is my link of links for farm ideas... you might find something good on one of the links listed.

There is a cute book called... MOO BAA LA LA LA... it is CUTE!!!! so cute!
It starts off THE COW SAYS MOO, A SHEEP SAYS BAA, THREE SINGING PIGS SAY LA LA LA LA, NO THAT'S NOT RIGHT, PIGS SAY OINK ALL DAY AND NIGHT... or something like that.. it is cute!

Lori
Old 07-26-2004, 07:53 PM

Florida
Oriental Trading company has a felt board barnyard set for 4.99.

Tags
barnyard, classroom, theme