A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Special Education Archives

Old 07-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Novice

New York
Question Students with Disabilities CST

Has anyone taken the CST for students with Disabilities? If so any suggestions? I'm taking the test in Aug. PLEASE any advice let me know

Old 07-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Devotee

New York
Graduate Student
The NY test you mean? I took it in April or May or something; I passed on my first try (I scored around 285 and passing is 220). Have you been to the testing website? I don't know it off hand, but I went there, printed out whatever information/practice questions they had, and that's all I studied. The essay was fairly easy, it was something about promoting independence in a student, you had to make up the student, age level, disability, and state techniques you'd use. Really, the practice questions helped a lot, I did them in my car waiting for the test to start (it was an afternoon test and I'd just taken the morning one before that). If I remember anything else, I'll reply again. Do you have any specific questions? GOOD LUCK!!

Ellen A.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Novice

New York
thanks so much ellen. I heard from coworkers that the NY CST for student with disabilities was very hard. I printed out the material that was online and that's what I'm studying now. If you could think of anything else please email me.
thanks again
Old 09-17-2004, 08:12 PM
milap

teacher

hi,luv2teach how was your test, I will take the CST for students with Disabilities test on october. PLEASE any advice let me know or do you have questions?

Tags
cst, disabilities, students