A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Novice

Florida
2nd Grade Teacher
Cover Letter Critique for school I student taught and subbed at.

Hello,

The following cover letter is for the school I student taught at and full-time substituted at for over 2 years. In 2006, I applied for 4 positions they had available and never recieved a call nor rejection letter. Both the hiring principal and one of the hiring members were personal references so it was extremely frustrating when I didn't get a call for an interview.

Now 2 years later, I'm reapplying to this school since they have numerous positions available. I would like an honest critique and help with my cover letter. I've included everything I can think of that the school looks for, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

Dear Mr. Smith

The families that depend on _________ Elementary deserve a teacher who is passionate, personable, and has experience teaching in the ________ School District. I am certified in Elementary Education, History, and Adaptive Education, and familiar with Everyday Math, Guided Level Reading, Four-Block Reading, and the 6+1 Traits of Writing, so I am able to easily differentiate my instruction to incorporate a diverse range of learning. I am applying for the elementary positions you have available at ______and would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about these openings.

Having student taught under ______in 2004, and substituted for 1.5 years at _______ Elementary, I am quite familiar with the methods and standards needed to succeed in your school. As a teacher at your school, I hope to motivate the students in ascertaining their inner strengths and abilities. I will provide a stimulating learning environment that encourages the students to trust their own opinions and discover what truly inspires them. Make no mistake, I shall foster the confidence needed to realize their full potential and provide the students with a positive atmosphere that will help them be successful in life.

Mr. _______, I have been teaching 2nd grade at ______Elementary School in Florida since 2006, and substitute taught in the ______ Area and ________ School Districts prior to moving to Florida. I wish to relocate back to the _______ to be with my family, and I know I would make a great addition to the _________ Elementary School family. Please feel free to contact me at (904) ------- to set a time and date in which we could discuss the great opportunity to join your staff.

Thank you for your consideration.

Warmest Regards,

Stacey ------

Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
Another great letter! I didn't see any grammar problems with it, but someone else might.

Tags
cover, critique, letter, school, student, subbed, taught