A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Second Grade

Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Companion

SC
1st Grade Teacher
Alliteration

Any fun ideas for teaching Alliteration in poetry... This is my lesson for me to be observed and I really want it to be fun and hands on... Any help would be great!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Comrade

California
6th Grade Language Arts
I didn't do this for poetry, but I used the students' names to start a lesson about alliteration/assonance. They had to come up with 2 sentences about themselves: I'm Racing Ron. I run 'round the racetrack at recess.

We also did tongue twisters & read Dr. Seuss books like the ABC one: Ichabod is itchy....
Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Fanatic

Arizona
2nd Grade Teacher
There is thie great book, "Super Hero ABC". Every page has a super hero for each letter of the alphabet and everything is alliteration. It's cool and kids love this book! My kids got to create their own super heros... I attempted having them do alliteration but writing the story was a difficult enough task - I didn't put pressure on them to make it alliteration.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Companion

SC
1st Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kirby View Post
There is thie great book, "Super Hero ABC". Every page has a super hero for each letter of the alphabet and everything is alliteration. It's cool and kids love this book! My kids got to create their own super heros... I attempted having them do alliteration but writing the story was a difficult enough task - I didn't put pressure on them to make it alliteration.
Oh Wow this is fun... Instead of having them write a story I could give them a coloring page or a print out of some kind of a super hero and have them name him and write a couple alliteration sentences about him.... Oh you guys are so great....
Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Companion

SC
1st Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlea View Post
I didn't do this for poetry, but I used the students' names to start a lesson about alliteration/assonance. They had to come up with 2 sentences about themselves: I'm Racing Ron. I run 'round the racetrack at recess.
This is a GREAT introduction. I was wondering how I could introduce this lesson!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Comrade

A great read aloud alliteration book - "Dinorella". I LOVE the book anyway, but it is all alliterated with "D"s. It is always fun to read it with character voices as well!

Tags
alliteration