A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Comrade

Florida
4th Grade Teacher
Diversity Quotes

My school is holding a diversity parade at the end of the month, and all the classrooms are decorating their doors for the event. I spent a couple hours today compiling a list of quotes on the subject. I could only fit 4 quotes on the poster, but found many more.

I thought I'd share them in case anyone else is doing something similar...

We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race - Kofi Annan

If you judge people, you have no time to love them - Mother Teresa

Love is the only force capable of turning an enemy into a friend - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace can not be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding - Albert Einstein

The highest result of education is tolerance - Helen Keller

Although we are in different boats, you in your boat and we in our canoe, we share the same river of life - Oren Lyons, Onandaga Nation Chief

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same - Anne Frank

We have become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams - Jimmy Carter

If we can not end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity - John F. Kennedy

Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible - Maya Angelou

Tags
diversity, quotes