A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Comrade

Preschool Teacher
Family Pictures

Hi! Im looking for a cute way to display my kid's family pictures. We have to have them either on a bulliten board or on a wall. Ive been brainstorming but I havent come up with much! Does any one have any suggestions?

Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Comrade

You can connect them at the corners and turn them into a quilt with a title of "Our Family Quilt".
Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Devotee

Florida
combo K/1st
"Our Family tree" ?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Aficionado

Kindergarten Teacher
I have done this before using an outline or template of a house. It has front doors that I cut open, and the family photo is displayed inside the front doors.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Companion

Oregon
I made a small tree for each child's family picture - and wrote "Bobby's Family Tree" on it - and then a larger tree in the middle of the board that says "Our Family Trees".
Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
Do you mean one child at a time or the whole class at once? For the whole class board put the pictures in a gallon ziplock on a piece of construction paper or page protector. Staple the pages just at the top with the heading of "Who do I belong to" or something along those lines. Place a photo of the child underneath to make a lift the flap board.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Illinois
Preschool Teacher
Our infant room contact-papers family pictures to the kid's crib, and the toddler room collages them on cabinets (I think... haven't been in there in a while). I don't display everyone's photos at the same time, but they usually bring in some when it's their turn to be star of the week, so they go up on the bulletin board.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarnet73 View Post
Our infant room contact-papers family pictures to the kid's crib, and the toddler room collages them on cabinets (I think... haven't been in there in a while). I don't display everyone's photos at the same time, but they usually bring in some when it's their turn to be star of the week, so they go up on the bulletin board.
Our infant room does the star of the week idea...our toddler room contact papers them to the wall. The parents are in charge of making them-- some are quite basic and others are pretty elaborate. When they transition to the 2s, we send the tree with them for it to be displayed in there as well. I haven't seen them in the preschool or pre-k, so I think they get sent home by the time the kids move over there.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Illinois
Preschool Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawa View Post
Our infant room does the star of the week idea...our toddler room contact papers them to the wall. The parents are in charge of making them-- some are quite basic and others are pretty elaborate. When they transition to the 2s, we send the tree with them for it to be displayed in there as well. I haven't seen them in the preschool or pre-k, so I think they get sent home by the time the kids move over there.
our infant (and toddler? not sure) room is required to post them for all the kids all the time, so it's a perfect solution for them. Toddlers used to have them in frames hanging on the door, but I think it got too crowded Everybody 2's and up (at least the older 2's, not sure about younger) does star of the week in one form or another. I have them answer questions and bring photos, other classes do it differently.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Comrade

Preschool Teacher
Thanks... We arent allowed to do star of the week, so we have to display everyone's at the same time. and it has to be a cute display, not just pictures on a wall. I cant do a "family tree" beacuse three other classrooms have used this. My school has a lot of rules for what is displayed in the classroom, sometimes its frustrating!

Tags
family, pictures