A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Rookie

Ohio
Preschool Teacher
Christmas program ideas for preschool

Hi

I'm brand new to this forum. I was just hoping someone had ideas for a preschool Christmas program. I just found out today that I am going to be in charge of our program this year. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank-you

Old 10-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Habitué

West Coast
Middle School Teacher
religious or santa etc. ?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Rookie

Ohio
Preschool Teacher
Santa Etc
Old 10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Habitué

West Coast
Middle School Teacher
Some song ideas : up on the house top ..hand motions and they can make raindeer antlers

i liked the show and tell idea ..maybe you can modify it ...http://www.cathysmusic.com/showandtell.html

christmas around the world
Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Rookie

Ohio
Preschool Teacher
Thank- you. I do like Up on the Housetop and we did that song along with others,last year. We will probably do alot of the same songs as last year. Any ideas for themes?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Maven

U.S.A.
Retired Preschool Teacher
One year we did a short play of the Gingerbread Man. There were the main characters and the rest of the kids sang along(it was with a tape,) "Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" It was adorable!
We love doing plays. Another year we did "The Christmas Spider." That was very cute, too. I was the narrarator. One year we did "A Saviour is Born." One of the boys was supposed to stand up and announce, " Jesus is "born." He stood up and said very innocently, "Jesus is boring!" He was only 4. He had been saying that in practice and it was so cute and funny! I don't know what we are doing this year. We have quite a few kids so it should be quite a challenge. We always sing songs at the end of our little skits.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Devotee

California
Early Childhood Teacher
Deedee- I have been invited for the second year to bring my Pre-K and perform at the town Christmas event. I looked at the site you provided. How long does it last. Last year, I almost fainted when I faced the crowds. I would love the music on tape. Have you done this?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Maven

U.S.A.
Retired Preschool Teacher
I am also looking at that site. The one called, Someone has a Birthday." What do you all think of that one for 3 and 4 year olds?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Phenom

Texas
Kindergarten Teacher
We made bells one year when I taught two-year-olds by decorating small (one inch) flower pots. You then put a pipe cleaner through the bottom and attach a real bell. We took them on stage and sang Jingle Bells while we shook them. It helped them to forget everyone was looking at us and focus on singing/having fun. We also sang our red song and green song so that everyone could hear what we were learning and how important all that "playing" is.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Habitué

West Coast
Middle School Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzenna View Post
Deedee- I have been invited for the second year to bring my Pre-K and perform at the town Christmas event. I looked at the site you provided. How long does it last. Last year, I almost fainted when I faced the crowds. I would love the music on tape. Have you done this?
No I have never done this but it looked cute.

Grammy- I think the Birthday one is very cute! And I loved your gingerbread idea ..did you have a script?

Heres one more I found :

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/hol...ays/index.html

Tags
christmas, ideas, preschool, program