A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Connoisseur

New York
Reading Interventionist
Fun & Creative Behavior Chart Ideas????

I am dying to change my behavior chart for next year!! I like the green-yellow-blue-red idea of allowing the kids to keep track of their own behaviors/consequences. But I want a more creative way to display this in the classroom. I would love to hear any ideas. Maybes something with animals, bugs, or maybe monkeys. Monkeys are my favorite animal! I don't know. I'm open to anything fun & creative.
Please share some of your behavior management chart ideas......

Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Rookie

Virginia
3rd Grade Teacher
A coworker of mine did the green-blue-yellow-red card flipping system, but she had an "under the sea" theme so she made each card a fish. She used a pocket chart to hold each students set of cards.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Devotee

TN
1st Grade Teacher
Young teacher 226-
Since you like monkeys, why not have monkeys in the colors you choose in a pocket chart. Another idea might be to have a monkey for each child, put a brad backwards through each one and bend to create a hook and hang bananas of the colors you want on each child's monkey. Hope this helps!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Companion

K/1 Looping Teacher
My co-worker has each students name on a banana die-cut. She has monkeys with different colors (green, yellow, red, blue) on their tummy. When they break a rule they have to "move their banana" All of us use the system but just adapt it to our theme in our classroom. My kids move their bees to different color hives.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Guru

Southern NJ
2nd Grade Teacher
I have a huge traffic light on the wall that my dad made for me (he's a retired art teacher!). Each circle on the light is big enough that I can use mini accents from Trend to move each child as their behavior changes. Last year I used frogs and the kids "hopped" to each color as they were bad. If they got to the red circle, they had to fill out a "behavior traffic ticket" and get it signed by their parents. It worked really well!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Connoisseur

New York
Reading Interventionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
My co-worker has each students name on a banana die-cut. She has monkeys with different colors (green, yellow, red, blue) on their tummy. When they break a rule they have to "move their banana" All of us use the system but just adapt it to our theme in our classroom. My kids move their bees to different color hives.
I LOVE that! I even thought that I can name the board, "No Monkey-ing Around!"

Please keep the ideas coming please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Connoisseur

New York
Reading Interventionist
I wonder where I could get some large monkey cut outs from???????????
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Connoisseur

New York
Reading Interventionist
I am stuck on the monkey idea. I would love to keep getting some good ideas on charts that some of you may have already in your classrooms. Or has anybody seen any charts online, in other classrooms etc?
I would appreciate any other feedback I can get.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Guru

Southern NJ
2nd Grade Teacher
I think the new Trend catalog has different monkey cutouts...I don't know how big they are though. I left the catalog at work, but I'll see if I can find them online for you:-)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Guru

Southern NJ
2nd Grade Teacher
Check out www.trendenterprises.com and search for monkeys. You will see the accents I was talking about. I hope that helps you a bit:-)

Tags
behavior, chart, creative, fun, ideas