A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Devotee

Ontario, Canada
Middle School Teacher
Long Range Planning Template (Canadian)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any Canadian teacher (not sure if it would really make a difference, but just in case) would have a long range planning template they could pass on. I'm going into my third year and I've never been asked to submit long range plans. I know I will have to this coming year, so I am currently working on that. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Devotee

Ontario, Canada
Middle School Teacher
Does no one do long range planning??
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
What subject/grade/level do you teach?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Devotee

Ontario, Canada
Middle School Teacher
Grade 7
Language, French as second language, Science, Math, Music/Art/Drama. I have my curriculum, but I am looking for a template that I can map it out on for the year to hand in to my principal.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
I'll be happy to send you mine from 7th grade math. Do you want to PM me with your email?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Devotee

Ontario, Canada
Middle School Teacher
Thanks, Alice. Please see your PM. Anyone else?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Connoisseur

MI
Special Education/Social Studies
Alice can you pm that to me too, I wanted to lay one out for me, and was going to make a template myself. And well, that is as far as I got, because I don't know what I am doing!

Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
Hi Canadian Teacher--I've been away for a few days (still am away on a course) and didn't see your posts. I have a few templates I have used, but they must be at home on my memory stick, because they aren't on my laptop--I'll look for them tomorrow when I get home. One simple thing I did a couple of years ago was print off copies of all of the expectations for the subjects I was teaching with checkboxes for terms 1, 2, and 3 beside each. I went through and literally checked off when I would focus on that expectation. Some, like many of the Writing expectations, were a continuing focus, so I indicated when I would report on them.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Devotee

Ontario, Canada
Middle School Teacher
Thanks, MrsC. That would be great if you had a template to pass on. As far as printing off the expectations, that's a good idea. Did you just retype the expectations. I remember from teacher's college that there was a website that had them where you could print them off and they were already in the proper format to check off when you did them, but I don't remember the website. Do you know it?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
CanadianTeacher, try the planning sheets here www.linktolearning.com (scroll down to Quick Links for Teachers)--I think this is where I got them. I got some great long-range planning outlines (for grade 7) today at the workshop I'm attending; when I get home I'll try to scan them and send them to you (PM me your email address).

Tags
canadian, long, planning, range, template