A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Companion

Stupid Gallup Teacher Insight

I "over thought" it when I took it and I want to take it again. Is that possible? It is asking me for a district code, if I contact the district and ask them will they give it to me? :-(

Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Cohort

Pennsylvania
You can try, but I doubt it. I would be curious to see what the district would say. I was told I couldn't take it again in the same district for two years.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Companion

Oy.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Rookie

central PA
4th Grade Teacher
I do not like this poll. The school usually gives us the code from their website, but I'm not sure if you can resubmit answers. You have the option to redo it, but not to resend it to the same district I believe.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Novice

Teacher
Do districts really use this? How is it scored? I took one online for a large district but I really thought it was just a formality.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Multitudinous

What is this? I've never heard of it.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Groupie

USA
PK-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBooks22
I do not like this poll. The school usually gives us the code from their website, but I'm not sure if you can resubmit answers. You have the option to redo it, but not to resend it to the same district I believe.
I think you are right. If you apply to two districts that use the Gallup poll, you have a choice of retaking the exam for the 2nd one or submitting the same score for both.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Groupie

USA
PK-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie753
What is this? I've never heard of it.
Some districts use a test designed to measure how success a teacher will be. They ask a bunch of timed questions that see if you car about the students' needs, etc. They review this test as part of the application process. It is a little controversial. I personally think it was kind of easy to see what answer they were looking for, but it is definitely easy to get nervous and overthink the questions.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Companion

Well, I contacted Gallup and they responded quickly and said that no, I can't change my answers until 12 months have passed. Oh well. I didn't answer "wrong," I just did things like try to be diplomatic and say that teaching isn't the MOST important profession in the world, but it's equally important as others. Bleh.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Cohort

Pennsylvania
I said the same thing. Who wants to be without doctors, nurses, etc.? I know teachers need to teach them to read, but we need people in other professions. I took the test two different times and answered two completely different ways. I heard I didn't pass it from the first district. I never heard from the second district.

Tags
gallup, insight, stupid, teacher