A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Newcomer

Texas
PPR Computer-Based Exam--did I pass?

Hello everyone: I took the PPR and received the number of correct answers; 58 out of 80 (already eliminated the 10 not counted). Did I pass? How can you calculate?

Old 05-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
If you've been told that 80 of the questions count and you got 58 of those 80 correct, then if this PPR thing is scored like most teacher tests, you probably did pass. Around 3/4 correct is usually a good score.

If you got told that you got 58 of the questions correct overall, and if you know 10 questions don't count but you don't know whether your 58 correct include any of the non-scoring questions, then that's probably cutting things rather close.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Texas Groupie, thanks for your reply. Actually, when I took the exam there were 90 questions and since I took a computer-based exam, I received a print-out of correct answers. It showed only 80 questions--eliminating the field questions. I got 58/80

I guess I'll see in about a week---if a passed.

Thanks, again!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Not "Texas Groupie", no.

As to your results, if that's what you got, then chances are pretty good that you've passed. Let us know when you find out, please, and I'll have a little something festive poised to raise in your honor.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Newcomer

Texas
I passed!

TEACHER GROUPIE

I passed! Thank you for attentiveness--I was really nervous and you were the only one that replied. I really appreciate it!

Hope you have a great week!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Novice

Texas
Seeking SPED Cert.
Congratulations! I'm happy for you.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Nothing improves my week like hearing about successes with teacher tests...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Congrats Cupid

Way to go! I just took the PPR 8-12 on June 16, 2007 and was blown away. It was difficult. I had taken the PPR class, passed all the tests (even the 2003 PPR test as the final) and had the highest avg. in the class. Well, that didn't help any. It seems as though I was being tested on a different subject. Anyway..... My test was 90 questions and from reading your prior posts, they only take 80 questions? That might help me. I will have to wait until July 6th to find out my grade and I am afraid it will not be pretty.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Newcomer

TX
Middle School Teacher
Hello, I recently took the ppr also and i got the same number of questions correct . . . what was your scaled score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid
TEACHER GROUPIE

I passed! Thank you for attentiveness--I was really nervous and you were the only one that replied. I really appreciate it!

Hope you have a great week!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Novice

Texas
High School Spanish Intern
Just curious.. how long did it take you to complete the PPR? I'm taking it on Monday at 9am, and scheduled my fingerprinting appointment at 11:20 (I thought the test started at 8 and that 3 hours would be more than enough. When I re-checked it was at 9. :P ) I'm guessing I'll need to reschedule the appointment...

Tags
computerbased, examdid, pass, ppr