A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Comrade

Somewhere
Help! Thank you letter

I was wondering if someone could post a sample thank you letter that they have sent to principals or teachers after their interview. I am unsure what to put into the card without sounding to desperate.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Comrade

MI
Music Teacher
I appreciated the opportunity to be interviewed by you for the music teacher position at your school. The things I learned from our conversation and from my research on your school’s website confirmed my desire to join your faculty. Our goals and priorities seem to be a perfect match.
My strong educational background combined with a continued desire to learn and a love for teaching will make me a great asset to your team. I have experience teaching a diverse urban population and enjoy teaching those students who need me the most. In addition, my love for performing, and my ability to instill that love of music in my students is a talent that I can contribute to your school. I create an eclectic music program using my Kodaly training along with a strong performance program. I feel the most important thing is to keep music fun.
Thank you again for the interview and allowing me the experience of learning more about your school. I would welcome the opportunity to work for XXXXXX. I look forward to hearing from you.

--------------
I use it as an opportunity to remind them about myself. I wouldn't ever handwrite like others suggest, it doesn't seem professional and most importantly my handwriting is atrocious.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Comrade

Somewhere
Did you use a small thank you card when sending one? Thank again for the sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball77
I appreciated the opportunity to be interviewed by you for the music teacher position at your school. The things I learned from our conversation and from my research on your school’s website confirmed my desire to join your faculty. Our goals and priorities seem to be a perfect match.
My strong educational background combined with a continued desire to learn and a love for teaching will make me a great asset to your team. I have experience teaching a diverse urban population and enjoy teaching those students who need me the most. In addition, my love for performing, and my ability to instill that love of music in my students is a talent that I can contribute to your school. I create an eclectic music program using my Kodaly training along with a strong performance program. I feel the most important thing is to keep music fun.
Thank you again for the interview and allowing me the experience of learning more about your school. I would welcome the opportunity to work for XXXXXX. I look forward to hearing from you.

--------------
I use it as an opportunity to remind them about myself. I wouldn't ever handwrite like others suggest, it doesn't seem professional and most importantly my handwriting is atrocious.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Comrade

MI
Music Teacher
I print it out and send it in a business envelope. I want to appear professional, I'm not thanking someone for being invited to their dinner party.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball77

If you have bad handwriting, then by all means don't handwrite it. I think handwriting a note is more personalized, but I think it's a personal choice. Either way, it won't reflect poorly on you.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Cohort

Glendale, AZ
Here is one of the many personalized thank yous, I sent in my many responses back and forth with interviewers. Names and locations are modified for this posting.

Dr. Al Greenwich,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to me about the Duck Dogers High School, Deer in the Headlights Unified School District and the business team. I appreciate your time and consideration in interviewing me.

After speaking with you, Mr. Consonant, and Ms. Vowels, I feel I am a good candidate for your school. Our conversation reconfirmed for me how good a fit your program is. You asked about XYZ. Let me clarify...

Any additional suggestions or advice you may have would be welcome. I look forward to hearing your decision and hopefully, one day soon, will get the opportunity to work alongside you. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone.

Once again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best wishes and regards,
My Formal Full Name
Email Address
Phone Number

Note I only put in a clarification if I feel its needed after interviewing for something I feel I could explain better.

Also, if its handwritten, its usually only versions of the first and last paragraph.

Good luck!

Tags
letter