A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Comrade

California
1st Grade Teacher
Reading A-Z subscription?

How much does Reading A-Z or Reading-Tutor cost to subscribe to?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Novice

Louisiana
Reading A-Z is $80 a year for a single subscription. The tutoring program runs $60 for a single subscription. I use the Reading A-Z materials in my classroom. I think that the tutoring program is nothing more than packets of materials from the Reading A-Z site. You can go online and view a tutorial.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Fanatic

North Carolina
2nd grade teacher
My school bought a membership and a few of us share the account. I'm not sure of the cost. I love it. I used it all the time, especially for the nonfiction books. The kids love it too, because I let them keep their books as a home library. I'm currently a ST, and I plan to buy myself a membership when I get my first job. It does use a lot of paper, but some of the books have a special "pocket" printing option that uses half the paper. Each book comes with a lesson and some activities. There are also assessment books on the site but I have not used any.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Novice

Louisiana
I've used the assessment in first grade and have found them very helpful. Many of them use the same format as DIBELS, so it gives me materials to practice with my students. I really like the nonfiction books, also. They are great for vocabulary building and many of them coincide with the curriculum that I teach.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Cohort

Smyrna, GA
1st Grade Teacher
sharing the cost?

Does anyone have a private account that they share with others? Like perhaps, 2 or 3 teachers getting together and splitting the cost? I know you're not supposed to do this, but I'm just wondering if it happens?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Comrade

California
1st Grade Teacher
Do you only get access to a single grade level or the whole site? I will be teaching remedial reading to K-5.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Fanatic

Northwest
Preschool Teacher
corps 2005 - there is an entire thread discussing this topic. I forget the title of the thread . Maybe someone else remembers? All about copyright law etc. I'm sure it is probably done, but many on here felt strongly that it is unethical, and that as teachers, we need to hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Cohort

Smyrna, GA
1st Grade Teacher
Ahh found the other discussion thread the discussed it Thank you for pointing it out to me. I should have done a search first before posting :P

I'm wondering which one is MORE useful for 2nd grade. Reading A to Z or Raz Kids?

Tags
reading, subscription