A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Special Education

Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Companion

Interview Questions for an Inclusion Teaching Position

Hi all,

I am hoping to be the special ed teacher in an inclusion room. I am wondering if anyone could give me examples of interview questions they would ask for a teaching position like this?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Phenom

I'm guessing they would ask you

How you would work with the regular ed teacher/para/ or other teachers to ensure success for the student with special needs

What type of curriculum adaptions you would use

Perhaps your attitude about inclusion?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Companion

Missouri
I have had several interviews for class within a class. My partner teacher (we are both RR currently) is being moved to an inclusion class. Yes, they want to know if you work well with other teachers, very important, and if you are willing to be a team member, and if you know how to advocate for your kids and whether you are going to be involved in the school community itself. I would be prepared for all of that, plus all the questions if you were in regular ed, because if they do it right, you will be team teaching with the teacher. Hope this helps. Lori
Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Rookie

AL
I was the general ed inclusion teacher this year, and will be this coming school year. I agree with the comments above. They will for sure ask you your opinion on inclusion..maybe pros and cons. They will want you to be flexible and cooperative with the general ed. teacher. I went to a workshop on inclusion a few days ago, and it was mainly about how the general ed and special ed HAS to form a relationship and work together. The special ed teacher has to not think of it as, I am only going to work about my special needs kds while I am in the room, your mentality has to be a team--be willing to help out with all kids! You have to plan the lessons together, or work together on making accomodations according to the IEP's. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Companion

Thanks for everyone's help!!

I have an interview tomorrow for a spec ed teaching position in an inclusion setting. I will use your advice and hope that I get it!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Phenom

I was asked how I would work with the general ed teacher, how I would work with other members of the team ( therapists, etc). What role parents play? How would I keep them informed.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
Communication and working as part of a team that includes all of the students' teachers, parents, aides and administration is key in this role. I would expect that to be a big part of an interview.

Tags
inclusion, interview, position, questions, teaching