A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Connoisseur

New York
Reading Interventionist
Any Catchy Phrases for a Poetry BB??????

Hi everyone,
my kids have been writing poetry this month and I can't think of a catchy title for my bulletin board. I would like to display their poetry, but I can't think of a way to make it sound interesting. Any spring related titles, kid friendly titles...?????????
All help is appreciated.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Novice

New York
we are budding poets! with flowers pots and flowers. i have made poetry books and used that title.

sort of cute.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Novice

Los Angeles, CA
I made a tree that went from floor to ceiling and called it our Poet Tree and hung the poems from it.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Rookie

Pennsylvania
My poetry BB says,'Spring doesn't BUG us! Then the children write a poem on a cut out of a ladybug I have. It's my favorite BB. I also have the students color flowers and use them as the border.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Virginia
We do a hallway theme (middle school). This month to celebrate it is, "Poetry Cafe" The bulletin board itself displays the name and, a student drawing of people sitting at a cafe. in the hallway, each student has decorated a coffee cup (we gave out a few different styles), and have written all about what they think poetry is. you get responses like, "freedom" or a more traditional definition. It's a great way to kickoff the month and get everyone into the theme and focus!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Comrade

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher-AK
I made a tree that went from floor to ceiling and called it our Poet Tree and hung the poems from it.
I love this idea. I'm going to incorporate it into my room for daily use as well as a hallway display.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Phenom

Nebraska
ELL
I am going to use the poet-tree idea as well. My kids are really excited!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Novice

Los Angeles, CA
I'm glad you like it! One of my parents took pictures of all the poems that the kids wrote (on different types of fruit, because it was on a tree) and made a literary journal. She put tons of pictures of the kids in it as well. It came out soooo nice that we are now going to make one every year and use it as one of our marketing tools to incoming families (we're a private school).

Tags
catchy, phrases, poetry