A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Companion

franklin New Hampshire
Preschool Teacher
FREEBIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS

DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD FREEBIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS OUT THERE.WE DO CAMBELLS NOW BUT WE ARE SO SMALL IT IS TAKING FOREVER TO GET ANYTHING.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Rookie

Oklahoma
Preschool Teacher
I've been looking for free things, too. Any time I find something, it turns out to be for Kindergarten and up. I have even tried to find grants for Pre-K classrooms. They too are Kindergarten and up.
I sure hope someone else has been able to find something. I am spending so much money on my classroom. I am given $100 a year for supplies. I teach in a public school. Last year I spent way over$1000 of my own money. If people only knew how much we spend out of our own pockets.
Let me get off this soap box before I break something.
Good luck. I hope you find something.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Companion

franklin New Hampshire
Preschool Teacher
Did everyone forget about us preschool teachers.Most of us have to pay for our own supplies. I have found that i buy allot from dollar tree and second hand store.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Rookie

Northern California
Preschool Teacher
My county has a "toy library" that centers can check out toys for a month. It is very nice, we get their train sets, and lego sets too. We also have a county "closet" I don't know how to describe it but they keep a room full of boxes, paper, paint, packing bubbles, old paint brushes, glasses... lots and lots and lots of stuff...

Check with your county children services to see if there is anything like this available.

I hardly ever leave a garage sale without something i could bring in for the children... dress up clothes especially. We have a huge pair of skis outside on our lawn, that are too big for them to lift, but perfect for them to pretend lots of things with. Old electronics in our "kitchen" is nice too... a popcorn popper that doesn't pop, and a broken plastic blender (blade removed). they love these things .
Old 03-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
I'm secondary, so I'm speaking more as a mom-- and former Nursery School Parent Board president:

try particular manufacturers:

http://www.crest.com/crest_kids/forTeachers.jsp

http://www.colgate.com/app/BrightSmi...n/Teachers.srv

http://www.motts.com/kids/index.asp

and here:http://freebies.about.com/od/morepar...g_Freebies.htm

That last one was one of a lot of things that came up when I googled "freebies for toddlers"
Old 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Newcomer

California
Kindergarten Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by childcare teach
Did everyone forget about us preschool teachers.Most of us have to pay for our own supplies. I have found that i buy allot from dollar tree and second hand store.
I used to buy a lot from the dollar stores in our area but the owner recommended that if I want larger quantity I should look into wholesale. A good one I found was crafthobbywholesale.com but there are quite a few others that sell the same stuff. Iíve also tried oriental trading but they are a little more expensive and it took a long time to receive my order (3 weeks!!! ). Regardless it saved me money because they donít charge TAX and you donít have to pay shipping if you order a certain quantity. Itís definitely something worth checking out.

Tags
freebies, preschoolers