A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 01-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Newcomer

FL
Recommendation Letter for Teacher of the Year

Hello,

I have been asked to write a letter of recommendation for my daughter's 1st grade teacher for a Teacher of the Year Award. Can anyone help me out with a sample letter they may have? I have the major points to address down, and I have a basic template, but seeing one or two already put together from a parent would be helpful, as I would really like it to be top notch!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
The following is a changed-around version of a letter I wrote for my student teacher:
I am honored to recommend ______ as _______ School Teacher of the Year. I had the opportunity to get to know _____ when my child was in her/his class. I always found _____to be a kind, creative and sincere educator.
I was impressed by ____s openness and approachability. She/He maintained a positive relationship with parents and fostered a strong school-to-home connection through (weekly newsletters, webpage, etc...) I always found him/her helpful and supportive of his/her students. His/her rapport with children is natural and instinctive. My child blossomed as a learner while in ____'s class. My son/daughter will always remember (blah blah any special innovative activities).
You could mention any times you were in class as a volunteer, that you always came away impressed by the climate of the classroom...the community feeling in the room, facilitating a love of learning, etc etc....
Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Rookie

The Netherlands
Not to be horrible, but isn't it really your personal opinion that matters?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Doesn't look lilke original post-er has been back since first writing. I agree the letter she writes shuld be personalized. That's why I put the blah blah in the parentheses- She needs to write from her experience.

Tags
letter, recommendation, teacher, year