A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Behavior Management Archives

Old 12-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Newcomer

Buckeye, Arizona
Preschool Discipline and Guidance strategies

Hello all,
My name is Alicia Mullins. I am currently in the early childhood education program at Arizona State University, working towards my bachelors. In one of my course I have to write a research paper. My research question is, "What are the different discipline and guidance strategies used in a preschool classroom?" I have already done observations in various preschool classrooms, and I need to collect more data. Since this the Preschool forum, I am hoping that I can get feedback from at least 10 Preschool teachers. You efforts with helping me with my research paper would be greatly appreciated. Please answer the questions listed below. They are all short answers, except one question that I ask you to list the different guidance and discipline strategies that you use. If you use a specific behavior management plan, please list this as well. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Best Regards,
Alicia Mullins

Preschool Teacher Guidance and Discipline Strategy Survey

1. What is the highest degree/certification that you have?

2. How long have you taught in a preschool setting?

3. What gender are you?

4. What are the ages of the children in your classroom?

5. On a typical day, how many children attend you classroom? (If children attend half day, please specify how many in the AM class and how many in the PM class.)

6. List how many male children and how many female children you have in your class. (Numbers in AM, Numbers in PM and Fully Day.)

7. On a typical day, what is the teacher-child ratio in your classroom?

8. Please list the various different discipline and/or guidance strategies that you apply in your classroom.

9. What is your main discipline and or guidance strategy that you utilize?

Tags
discipline, guidance, preschool, strategies