A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Newcomer

New Jersey
Thank you letter after observation

Hello! I just started my practicum today and I observed in another elementary school last week for one of the teacher certification courses I am currently enrolled in. I would like to send a thank you letter to the teacher I observed last week as well as send one after my practicum to the teacher I'm observing this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on thank you notes after observations? Should it be hand written? Thanks so much!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Rookie

Ontario, Canada
I did this for each of 3 placements. I just did a short hand-written letter. I thanked them. I stated a couple things that I learned and maybe mentionned a couple students that made me feel that what I was doing was worthwhile.
Then I wished them well in the rest of the school year.
That's pretty much it.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Habitué

USA
Special Education Teacher
I just started my observations (practicum) last week and so far, I love it. I'll be there for another 4 weeks or so, but I'm thinking about maybe writing a thank you note to the teacher and to the class. I'm also considering giving a small gift (like a book) to the class.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Devotee

On the West Coast
1st Grade Teacher
A book would be an appropriate and appreciated gift!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Rookie

Tennessee
Student Teacher
After each of my three practicums so far, I have given a handwritten thank you note to each teacher as well as a small thank you gift for letting me "invade" their space. I gave two teachers scented candles and the third a gift certificate to the local school supply store. I think just recognizing the extra work a teacher incurrs by having an intern in their room is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Magnifico

Kindergarten Teacher
That made me think....

Find an alien stationary and write a thank you note starting with the "Thank you for letting me "invade" your space." Put this in the front of a notebook.

If you have taken pictures, scrapbook them for her too. If you have any lesson plans you've used put them in a notebook (for her to use if she wishes). Anything lessons you've learned under her, include those in the "What you've taught me" section of the notebook. Then use a clear pencil bag and put "hugs and kisses" inside it. If you can find a pencil, confetti or something else appropriate that says "Thanks" put that in the bag. On the LAST page, use sturdy poster board or stock paper and put mini trix on it and put "Thanks for Teaching me your Trix of the Trade."

Just a pleasant thought...

Tags
letter, observation